Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Soundforge 6.0  (Read 6799 times)

Offline The Kilted Taper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Real men wear kilts.
Re: Soundforge 6.0
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2005, 10:51:07 AM »
I think there's something else involved with insuring no SBEs... don't know what it is for sure though.

With CD Wav?? I thought it was fool proof?  ???
"The guy who's been dissed, dismissed and demoted so often that he should have officially changed his first name to "Backup." "

Offline MattD

• Taper Emeritus
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2005, 10:58:35 AM »
CD Wave should be perfect, but you can use the FLAC frontend or SHNtool to confirm if you'd like. The way to ensure that CD Wave is perfect is to make sure you use CD Wave to split before the end of the file (i.e. end the last track with a CD Wave split, rather than letting it go to the EOF).

Generally, you don't care that there's a SBE on the last track of the show, but it's there.
Out of the game … for now?

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2005, 11:05:21 AM »
What does flac frontend do to "fix" it?  If I was to just use this, would I just convert to flac, then back to .wav, and burn the cd?  Sorry for bombing you w/ questions.
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline momule

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2005, 11:24:28 AM »
I understand there will be SBE's if doing 16/44.1, but the question is, will that happen with 24/96? Not like it matters now anyway, Frontend won't recognize the "tracks" as wav files and won't encode.

Hu...... frontend should have no problem Encoding the 24/96's , I assume you have the "Align on sector boundries"  Box checked.
And this will not allow you to encode anything over 44.1 Khz . But there will be no sector errors with anything higher than 44.1
AKG 463's (uno ck62) > Mackie Onyx Satellite > Microtrack II

Offline The Kilted Taper

• Real men wear kilts.
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2005, 09:40:45 AM »
if you are trying to track a recording, try using the regions feature, and then tools -> export regions.

I take my statement back that this was working great for me. It appears to be part of the problem I was having. Exporting regions wouldn't work in frontend, however, if I copied/paste and let soundforge name it SP000.wav, then renamed the file, split in cdwave, Frontend worked fine.

The region exporting was giving me a header error in CDWave. Not to good with these comand line, DOS header repair programs.

"The guy who's been dissed, dismissed and demoted so often that he should have officially changed his first name to "Backup." "

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2005, 10:05:29 AM »
wierd man... sorry - I have no idea what the problem is - I've done export regions -> FLAC Frontend a bunch of times...

If I were you, I'd just make the switch to CDWav now...  but that's just me...

Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline momule

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2005, 03:17:35 PM »
if your using frontend Sector boundry errors should not be a problem .

to each there own I guess. (my apples may look like Oranges to you)
I just personally dont see loading a file into multiple programs , nor having to load multiple programs On my machines .  Im not about to pay for a piece of software simply to track a show , thats part of the reason I bought Sf .
 I know its Only $15 and all But I just dont see why..

I too used Cdwave before I figured out how to fully use SF or other audio editors. And deleted cdwave from the registry shortly there after.

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2005, 03:37:38 PM »
With Frontend, I'd have to go wav-> flac (with align box checked) -> wav -> CD in order to get a cd w/ no SBEs.

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline momule

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2005, 04:03:35 PM »
I guess I just dont listen to much VIA cdr anymore.
 I run PC > Home stereo,  so I play 99% of the music I hear VIA flac/shn (Usually from the Mastered 48 flac's) or something I may pull from Bt.etree or archive.
I try not to keep many waves on the Drives and just keep Flacs for Space sake . And The Anal part of me allways has to decode the masters once or twice  ;) to verify them before archiving them..  SO I allways encoded the show just after mastering it anyways.

But I understand your point , would make more steps for you.

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2005, 04:50:20 PM »
Also, FWIW - CDWav can code directly into FLAC... that would be one less step for you too!  ;)

I also have a computer wired into the playback system, but I just much prefer to have a cd.... that way I can listen to it anywhere, and also just burn copies for friends w/o converting... but that's just my preference.

+t for discussing the possibilities.

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline momule

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2005, 05:44:48 PM »
+T back to ya for the friendly discussion..
So do you keep your waves on your HD or are you EAC'ing them later for friends.

I bet saved $200 In the last year alone By not having to burn CDR's off to listen too.
That's what is Now helping to fund my taping addiction.   :-\
 I figured up (when I decided to go PC>Stereo) , I was going through about 1200 Disc a year as I went back through credit card records from last year And I purchased two orders for TY's from AM digital for 600 disc each order. @ around $200 an order with shipping ..

I acknowledged My trading/FTP addiction got way out of hand a couple years ago When I got to the point that I had over 700 Audio disc's alone that were not on my phishook list . Not including the 23 spindles of Shn/Flac  .
 SO I quit trading,  and started taping   ::) Soooooo now im almost back in the same boat. I just kinda gave up on updating the audiostuff that i traded for awhile back. and have been just noting new shows as I tape them.. maybe one day i'll take a break an make a new master list..

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2005, 06:18:50 PM »
I'm not nearly that bad!  I download quite a few things, and I do burn them to audio cd.  I burn everything I tape (that's worth a shit) as tracked audio cds too... which are the only tracked backups I have...which is why I'm pretty much f'd with these SBE's.  I also backup the raw .wav files as flacs - now I am going to start storing a cue sheet too!

I know you can do that with SF as well, but I just realized it.

Part of the issue for me, right now, is that the vast majority of my music collection is in mp3 form... and my ear has caught up... so I'm trying to build my lossless audio collection back up.

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline momule

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2005, 06:27:17 PM »
the potential problem I see there would be that your would insert a DAE (potential pops and clicks) into the linage if ya wanted to pass a copy onto a friend and didnt already have the tracked wav's On the drive.
 It amazes me how many tapers still use standalone Burners, Hence having to insert a DAE in the liange in the trasfer
Friends Dont let friends DO DAE   ;)

Nick

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2005, 06:34:08 PM »
yup.  and I'll be passin on the sbe's too... unless I retrack... that's why I'm pretty f'd!  That's why I'm telling people to not do what I did, and stick w/ SF and be ambivalent to the sbe thing.  I heard a really bad one the other day on my stereo, and have been kicking myself ever since.  I was able to fix that one, but its a bummer, 'cause I'm gonna be listening for them now... and consequently hear them more...

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.086 seconds with 38 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com