Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Building a Recording PC tower w/ CD duplication built in - software?  (Read 1218 times)

Offline Scuba Jeremy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • "Ugh, is that digi noise?"
I'm toying with the idea of building a PC tower with the ability to record a show to the hard drive, and be able to master/fade/track a first set while recording the second set, and at the end of the show, be able to burn multiple CDs at once for sale right after the show. (Band that I've been working for)

I may end up recording the show on a laptop, then FTPing the finished sets to another PC for burning, if that would be easier.

I'm wondering if anyone has come across any software that can control multiple CD recorders in a tower to duplicate a single source at the same time. I would probably like to have four or five burners going at once, if possible. I looked at buying a CD duplication tower, but these days they appear to offer DVD duplication, an option I will not need and do not desire to pay extra for.

I'm no stranger to building PCs, but I'm wondering if anyone has seen any DYI options for mass CD duplication. Thanks!

Offline JackoRoses

• Needs to get out more...
  • lost cause
Re: Building a Recording PC tower w/ CD duplication built in - software?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2005, 06:22:27 PM »
4 cheap burners with a scsi card to run a hard drive off of.
You can add more burners with add on IDE cards. I don't think the raid IDE cards
will allow a cd-burner to work though, I don't quite remember.
Nero will allow you to burn mulitple copies off all the burners it will recognize. (which you may already know)
I am actually doing the same thing but it is for personal use to burn off copies of the shows I record.
Plus it is not going to leave my living room either.
I grew tired of burning 10 seperate copies of set 1 and then to repeat set 2 etc.
It is a lot nicer whipping out 4 at a time.
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/jackoroses
AKG ck61's/ck62's/ck63's/480b's > zaolla's/Dogstar silver cables > optimod V3  > zaolla spdif> HD-P2
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. "
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Big Brother is here and he is watching you.

Offline Scuba Jeremy

• Taperssection Member
  • "Ugh, is that digi noise?"
Re: Building a Recording PC tower w/ CD duplication built in - software?
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2005, 01:41:28 AM »
Excellent. I'll give that a look. I never tried to burn multiple CDRs at once in Nero, but I'll see how that works. Thanks again! +T

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.05 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com