Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: 2 copies from the same source. One has phase inverted?  (Read 1209 times)

Offline rustoleum

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • AKG 481s->MiaGi IIs->MiniMe->MTII
2 copies from the same source. One has phase inverted?
« on: February 28, 2007, 07:49:09 PM »
I recently transferred a DAT clone of Phish 6/6/1996 using a DDS drive.  For the non-phans, the most common version of this show that has circulated on etree and the like was an EAC rip of a bootleg source that has some of the music cut out of it.  It is presumed since there was one taper at the show, that the bootleg source originated from the same source that I have.  I intend to seed the complete version from this DAT tape.  Unfortunately, I have a couple splotches of diginoise on the tape that I'd like to clean up.  No problem... I'll patch it with a few seconds of the bootleg source.

I grab the two tracks that I have errors in from gdlive.com in shn form and resample them to 48khz.  I load the recent transfer and one of the downloaded tracks into Samplitude 24/96 and line them up.  One is an exact mirror of the other indicating one of the sources has it's phase inverted.  To test my hypothesis, I run a phase inversion in WaveLab on one of the sources and line them up again... no more mirror image... the WAVs can be lined up perfectly.

Now that I know the problem, I'm not entirely sure how to fix it.  How do I know which one is correct and therefore which WAV to invert?  I'm inclined to think that the bootleg source is wrong, but I really don't have any concrete info to confirm that.  Is there any tests I can run with WaveLab or similar software to know which is right?  Thanks for any info!

Rusty

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.122 seconds with 25 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com