Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Questionr re: MP2 > JB3  (Read 1474 times)

Offline Xpanding Man

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Homer meditate now
Questionr re: MP2 > JB3
« on: April 25, 2007, 08:39:09 PM »
i recorded john scofield friday night, with every intention of sharing with some of the folks here  ;D  however....

when i listened, the high end sounded a little....brittle.  when i look at the wave form in SF 7.0, it looks like the levels are all 'chopped off' around -8 db and above, like what a mountain range would look like if you took a chainsaw and made a flat horizontal cut....just a bunch of mountain bottoms  :P

is this because i had the JB3 on line in at -8db ? should i be running 'mic-in' then ? 

BTW, every few minutes this guy scofield just does something that blows your mind...i HIGHLY recommend seeing him with his usual trio in a 'straight-ahead' setting....i say straight-ahead as i hear him going into a tune off of 'bump'  :o   

not a bad recording; if anybody's interested shoot me a PM for some freebie discs (if you read this far you deserve it !)

thanks 

The ships of state sail on mirage & drown in sand (R.Hunter)

open: Busman Actives / ADK TL's / MK012s > V3 > DR70 / iRiver
stealth: AT 943 > Church Uglybox > Tascam DR2

Being Taped: 
Guitars: PRS Custom 24, Olsondoc (Languedoc Copy), Mod Midi Strat, SG, 335, etc. 
Effects: Too many
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe II
Acoustics: Martin D-35 / Gitane DG-250 (Selmer Style) / Kick-Ass German Archtop (Glasl)

Offline jeromejello

• Team Florida - always brings the heat
  • Trade Count: (9)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • surly tapir
Re: Questionr re: MP2 > JB3
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 06:58:45 PM »
good for you recording sco!

i dont know why you would have had that issue.  can you post a screen shot?

every time that i run my mp-2 in front of my ihp120 (i know its not exact same as the jb3) i try to have the mp-2's gain as minimal as possible and bump it when necessary on the ihp120 by about +6dB or so.
open: mbho 603a (ka200n/ka500hn) > SD MP-2 > PCM-M10
stealth: AT853a (o/sc/c/h) > SD MP-2 > ihp120
misc: Earthworks SR77 | Shure VP88

bt & dime

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.058 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com