Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: How solid is A10 phone app?  (Read 7616 times)

Offline MakersMarc

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • 😈
Re: How solid is A10 phone app?
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2019, 12:22:23 PM »
Thanks Ed! Looking forward to running it.
😈 Mk4v/41v>nbob actives>Baby nbox>Oade warm mod Marantz 620.

Open: 4v/41v>nbobs>Nicky mod Naiant PFA>Oade warm mod 661.

Home: the Stereo Hospital budget refurb rig: Lappie>DragonFly Cobalt/Red with Jitterbug>Nikko NR520/Sansui 221>B&W V202 speakers.

Offline MakersMarc

• 😈
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2020, 04:24:45 PM »
So I like the A10, it is tiny and the mic pre kills the m10 stock pre.

But the app kept not letting me adjust levels, and it did not show time. So eh.

Home: the Stereo Hospital budget refurb rig: Lappie>DragonFly Cobalt/Red with Jitterbug>Nikko NR520/Sansui 221>B&W V202 speakers.

Offline dyneq

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2020, 04:32:28 PM »
That's interesting. What device/OS? My Android setup has been rock solid. The only bad thing I can say is that my battery consumption goes way up while running the app. I just make sure to charge my phone fully before a gig.

Offline nulldogmas

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • How I Escaped My Uncertain Fate
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2020, 05:36:19 PM »
That's interesting. What device/OS? My Android setup has been rock solid. The only bad thing I can say is that my battery consumption goes way up while running the app. I just make sure to charge my phone fully before a gig.

It also seems like having bluetooth connected drains the A10 battery way faster than I'm used to with the M10, which can sit turned on but idle in a drawer for weeks with no noticeable loss of charge.

And I've had no trouble setting levels with the iPhone app, either. MakersMarc, are you not getting the controls to change gain, or is nothing happening when you click on them?

Offline MakersMarc

• 😈
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2020, 06:05:07 PM »
So it was odd, the first track was fine. I went to the can and when I came back it was showing zeroes and not letting me adjust. It did display that it was recording, but that’s it.

Offline MakersMarc

• 😈
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2020, 06:05:45 PM »

iPhone SE.

Offline MakersMarc

• 😈
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2020, 06:07:59 PM »

It also seems like having bluetooth connected drains the A10 battery way faster than I'm used to with the M10, which can sit turned on but idle in a drawer for weeks with no noticeable loss of charge.

And I've had no trouble setting levels with the iPhone app, either. MakersMarc, are you not getting the controls to change gain, or is nothing happening when you click on them?

No kidding, I went from 90 to 35 without using the phone for anything else. That’s in low battery mode. I wonder if using that setting impairs the BLuetooth so the app isn’t working right?

Offline nulldogmas

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • How I Escaped My Uncertain Fate
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2020, 06:46:37 PM »

No kidding, I went from 90 to 35 without using the phone for anything else. That’s in low battery mode. I wonder if using that setting impairs the BLuetooth so the app isn’t working right?

I meant that bluetooth drained the A10 battery, not just the phone battery. But bluetooth in general is a massive power suck — I shut it whenever possible.

Offline MakersMarc

• 😈
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2020, 10:17:56 AM »

I meant that bluetooth drained the A10 battery, not just the phone battery. But bluetooth in general is a massive power suck — I shut it whenever possible.

Gotcha. Didn’t look at meters so not a clue. That does suck a bit but after running it, the deck alone is a marvel. To my ears the A10 pre sounds solid, where the m10 is a bit thin an two dimensional to me.

Offline Enswearry

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2020, 04:50:19 AM »
thanks!

This is the best piece of gear you can buy for $200
The app is fantastic! This is all i use now.
This has been discussed, a little late to the game here :-)

I agree, it is quite fine and the app is also a great experience.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.1 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com