Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Best Approach For Multitrack/Audience Pair Mixdown  (Read 2183 times)

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
Re: Best Approach For Multitrack/Audience Pair Mixdown
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2023, 11:42:16 AM »
It can be helpful to automate the level of the ambient, audience/rear-facing facing microphone(s), either manually with envelopes or automatically "soft-ducked" with side-chaining keyed off the mix of soundboard elements, or the forward/PA focused mic channels.  Bring it up in between songs and in quiet sections and down as the music get thicker and/or the audience goes distractedly chatty.  Just be careful to avoid obvious perceptible level changes.  Compression can do that somewhat, but can bring up the chatter.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline goodcooker

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • goes to 11
Re: Best Approach For Multitrack/Audience Pair Mixdown
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2023, 02:53:12 PM »

this right here is my guiding principle in life - " the approach differs depending on what ingredients I have available and which are the most fresh"

the bottom up approach instead of top down approach
Line Audio CM3/OM1 || MBHO KA500 hyper>PFA|| ADK A51 type IV || AKG C522XY
Oade Warm Mod and Presence+ Mod UA5s || Aerco MP2(needs help) || Neve Portico 5012 || Apogee MMP
SD Mixpre6 || Oade Concert Mod DR100mkii

pocket sized - CA11 cards > SP SB10 > Sony PCM A10

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/goodcooker

"Are you the Zman?" - fan at Panic 10-08-10 Kansas City
"I don't know who left this perfectly good inflatable wook doll here, but if I'm blowing her up, I'm keeping her." -  hoppedup

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.043 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com