Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Need batteries for my JB3... Where can i find generic ones?  (Read 2230 times)

Offline j.mart

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
Need batteries for my JB3... Where can i find generic ones?
« on: December 18, 2005, 12:44:03 PM »
I've recently noticed that, slowly, the lifetime of my 2batteries is starting to get shorter and shorter. Browsing the NOMAD website, i noticed that all JB3 stuff is discontinued. So, which alternatives should i have in mind? I wanted something that would get me through a 3 day festival.

I would prefer regular batteries, rather than a big-ass one. Any thoughts on where can i find some and it's price? :P

(yes, i know, another JB power thread) :-\
semi-retired

rec:
AT943 (o, c) / DPA SMK4061
Wendt X2 / ST-9100
PCM-D50 / SD 744T

archive
last.fm

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • FJ Baby!
Re: Need batteries for my JB3... Where can i find generic ones?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2005, 01:05:55 PM »
I don't think there are any generic batteries that fit into the jb3, at least none that i've read about.  I think you're only option is searching ebay or an external battery pack.

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline anodyne33

• You'll have that
  • All my life there's been the magnets.
    • Lucky
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2005, 05:42:47 PM »
I just picked up a PP-99 LiON from jlh wholesalers (who took forever and a day), i found out about it from another JB3 power thread. it's about cigarette pack size and only a few ounces. I haven't had the chance to run it down yet, but after 2.5 hours the other night it only shut one of it's leds off. 4400 mah i think, shoud get you through AT LEAST 2 three hour shows no problem. Comes with an adaptaplug that will go straight to the jb3 too.

anyway, there's a picture of one out there in one of the jb3  power threads.
Pockets full of nickels and nothing left to eat, and I'm stuck behind a semi on Soniat Street.

Offline TaperBryan

• "Vicarious existence is a fucking waste of time"
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2005, 10:25:25 AM »
you may also want to check out the Todd R juice box.  It's under the retail forum.  Coupled w/ a walmart lion battery, the juice box should power the jb3 for a good 15hrs or so.  I'm thinking about picking one up in the near, near future.

If memory serves correctly, you can find more info about it under the first thread in the retail section.

09/23/2020 rig update: AKG c480b(ck61/62/63) > NAIANT/pfa > EAA PSP-2 and/or Lunatec V3 > Marantz PMD-661 (Oade Bros. Warm Mod) and/or Tascam DR-70D

03/22/19 rig update: AKG c480b(ck61/62/63) > Canare StarQuad mic cables > EAA PSP-2 and/or Lunatec V3 > Marantz PMD-661 (Oade Bros. Warm Mod) and/or Tascam DR-70D

12/17/11 rig update: AKG c480b(ck61/62/63) > Canare StarQuad mic cables > EAA PSP-2 and/or Lunatec V3 > Marantz PMD-661 (Oade Bros. Warm Mod)

02/07/07 rig update: AKG c480b(ck61/62/63) > Canare StarQuad mic cables > Lunatec V3 and/or EAA-PSP2 > ODL-276 > Nomad JB3 and/or Sony TCD-D8 DAT

Offline j.mart

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2005, 09:07:27 PM »
Well, there are some nice alternatives. I must figure out which would be the most adquate for a stealth situation and it would be durable

Thanks for the help everybody... Would give y'all +T if i could
semi-retired

rec:
AT943 (o, c) / DPA SMK4061
Wendt X2 / ST-9100
PCM-D50 / SD 744T

archive
last.fm

kskreider

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2005, 10:17:13 PM »
Don't get any of those OVERPRICED JB3 batteries made by Creative.  The JB3's run fine off anything external which pitches a 5V output.  I have a couple options that work great.  I use an adjustable external battery that is made to power digital cameras made by Digital Concepts.  It is light, small (card deck) and does 3v, 4.5v, 5v, 6v, 6.5v, and 8.4v.  It straps onto a belt and was purchased at a Fred Meyer which is a common retailer in the NW.  It powers the JB3 for over 8 hours EASY and cost $30, tax-free.  (Gotta love Oregon)  There is also a back-up I bought off eBay it is longer and heavier so I only have it as a back up.  It has a proprietary power cord but still throws out about 6 or 7 different DC voltages.  Look around some and good luck.

Offline T-90

• Trade Count: (7)
  • ya aint gotta do what ya aint gotta do
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2005, 04:00:33 PM »
here is a DIY pack....I had the batts and a charger already so the total cost to build was about $10.00 for the batt box, type B plug, and cable.....gets a solid 3hr15min off a full charge.....be sure you read up on the 1.2v AA's needing a slight discharge to power up the JB3 as when fully charged they slightly exceed 5v...I take a pic or two of the stage prior to the show and then they are good to go....1 internal JB3 batt and 2 sets of AA for the box get me in excess of 9hrs of recording time.....I only did this because I have alot of rechargables and several chargers....to go out and buy all this would be too much and you would be better off with a solution like DarkStarJedi mentioned, an adjustable external battery that is made to power digital cameras and such......good luck and +t for the thought of giving out +t's :)
"I dont sing...I dont dance...and I dont like to be around anyone who does" D.Letterman
DPA 4023, AT4051a, AT4053a
Countryman B3, AT853(4.7k,c,sc,h)
V3, FP24, Bm2p+ UA5, ST9100
OCM Edirol R-44, Sony PCM-M10

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.064 seconds with 36 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com