Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: when you put a show into soundforge...  (Read 8382 times)

Offline itook2much

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • AKA rspencer
    • my masters
Re: when you put a show into soundforge...
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2006, 01:02:57 PM »
If there's that big a difference in the levels of the vocals & the rest of the band, you'll just have to set it for the vocals to not go over & try to work with it.

Definitely try out Brian's suggestion to try different spots in the venue, that can have a huge effect in many rooms.

And for those of you who've hit me with at least 5 -Ts in the last day, if momule & I can't have a civil disagreement on something without you getting up in arms about it, then that's a shame on a board where so much information is subjective (as always will be regarding what you hear, etc.).  More than one person agreed with me, yet those that didn't obviously have hit me with -Ts.  If that makes you feel better, go ahead.  I think momule has his opinion, & knows what he's doing, I just happen to disagree that it's the only "right" method.  And I didn't appreciate the veiled insult in reference to my suggestion.
DPA 4060 (CS HEB) > CS BB > Edirol R-09

Backups:  DPA 4060 (1/8"), SP-BMC-2, SP-SPSB-6, Sony MZ-NH1

Quote from: tomluvsgiants
rule #1 - get the show taped
rule #2 - see rule #1    >:D

Quote from: Grace Hopper
“If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.”

Offline kidrocklive

• Taperssection Member
  • If it's real, You'll feel it!
    • My Trade List
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2006, 03:27:00 PM »
thx for the help brian and everybody else. Last night I was basically right in front of the right stack. I was under the understanding that if I was close to that you'd be less likely to hear a bunch of ppl talking and junk. I guess from now on I need to try moving around some after they start the show. I never did that so maybe that's my problem. The sound guy was off to the side and back a ways so I would think if I went back there the sound would be too distant and i'd pick up a lot more of the crowd chatter. I'll see what happens next show.

Offline momule

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2006, 09:09:54 AM »
If there's that big a difference in the levels of the vocals & the rest of the band, you'll just have to set it for the vocals to not go over & try to work with it.

Definitely try out Brian's suggestion to try different spots in the venue, that can have a huge effect in many rooms.

And for those of you who've hit me with at least 5 -Ts in the last day, if momule & I can't have a civil disagreement on something without you getting up in arms about it, then that's a shame on a board where so much information is subjective (as always will be regarding what you hear, etc.).  More than one person agreed with me, yet those that didn't obviously have hit me with -Ts.  If that makes you feel better, go ahead.  I think momule has his opinion, & knows what he's doing, I just happen to disagree that it's the only "right" method.  And I didn't appreciate the veiled insult in reference to my suggestion.

+ to get ya headed back in the right direction.  Opinions are like assholes -- everyone's got one, but nobody wants to see the other guy's.
AKG 463's (uno ck62) > Mackie Onyx Satellite > Microtrack II

Offline itook2much

• Taperssection All-Star
  • AKA rspencer
    • my masters
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2006, 05:32:37 PM »
+ to get ya headed back in the right direction.  Opinions are like assholes -- everyone's got one, but nobody wants to see the other guy's.

+ back to ya.  That's a good one.  I've always heard that opinions are like assholes:  everybody's got one, most of 'em stink.  ;)
DPA 4060 (CS HEB) > CS BB > Edirol R-09

Backups:  DPA 4060 (1/8"), SP-BMC-2, SP-SPSB-6, Sony MZ-NH1

Quote from: tomluvsgiants
rule #1 - get the show taped
rule #2 - see rule #1    >:D

Quote from: Grace Hopper
“If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.”

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com