Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: akg t-bar modifications  (Read 6920 times)

DaryanLenz

• Trade Count: (0)
akg t-bar modifications
« on: March 18, 2003, 08:21:20 PM »
Got a question.  I know I can buy one of those extender dodad's made by atlas in order to raise one mic on top of the other and run both vertically, but is there a cheap hardware variety modification I could do that will work for the time being until the adapter dodad arrives?

Pictures would be fantastic

Daryan

Tim

Re:akg t-bar modifications
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2003, 08:25:15 PM »
it's tough to find something that fits a mic mount except from music stores etc. becuase of the number of threads and the size of the threads and the fact that the mount is metric.

just suck it up and run one on top and one underneath  :)

how you like the MG's?

DaryanLenz

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2003, 08:31:44 PM »
I don't wanna suck it up dammit, 15 bucks to get it up a little sucks!  From the one recording I have done thus far, I love the gefells, definately a little "darker" than the mbho's, more neumannesque if you will...which I love!

Daryan

now, I know a saw a picture once of the mod, but I surely lost it!

Tim

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2003, 08:46:27 PM »
15 bucks to get it up eh? I'm not even going near that one  ;)

yes Neumann is king, glad you are learning so quickly D!

Offline Nick Culbreth

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2003, 09:35:21 PM »
i'm not sure how big the gefells are but you could get a 2 inch screw (w/ a nut) and enough washers to give you the needed vertical spacing and raise one of the sides of the bar.  i think that solution would run you about 2 dollars.

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2003, 10:36:44 PM »
When I need to run a "cross" type config with the AKG bar, I just flip one of the screws upside down...works well with stands, not so well when you are clamped to a balcony though.....

Nick

Offline RobC

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2003, 10:23:12 AM »
I bought a goose neck at the local gutar shop,  put it in a vice and yanked both ends off,  and used some aluminum tubing I had laying around (which happened to be the right size)  cut it to the length I wanted to raise the mic,  and pounded the both ends (I removed from the goose neck) on to both ends of the tubing.  Works great and didn't cost very much.

km 184 >v2> HD-P2, R-44
AKG 393, 392

Offline Stumptown Matt

• Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm a happy tapir!
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2003, 12:23:40 PM »
I can send you a pic tonight when I get home, but I'll give a description.  I removed the screw from one side of the T-bar (the swivel or hinge or what ever)  Then I purchased a longer scew a large washer and a 2" piece of small diameter PVC ( I went to home depot and found a small piece of PVC in the area where they have all the connectors and stuff for plumbing.  I placed the screw in a small washer, stuck it through the arm (the piece the mic attaches to), then the large washer, then PVC extension, put screw through piece that attaches to the stand, another small washer and lastly a nut to hold it all together.  Also a piece of wooden dowel could be used (with a hole drilled in the middle) instead of PVC.  I believe the guy who runns the SCI taper web site has a similiar picture posted there.  I saw the picture you are talking about and made a few modifications based on what I could find at home depot 5min before they closed.  Peace, Matt
When cleaning out her attic, Grace found several bootleg recordings her mother had made while traveling around the world with the Grateful Dead. Grace is not permitted to sell these bootleg recordings on eBay.

"If you like the Beach Boys, you'll love Widespread Panic."    -Big Mike

"Music Sounds Better on Grass" -Clear Channel advertising

Offline goose

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2003, 12:01:35 PM »
Hey D, I think this is the pic you are looking for...

http://www.scitaper.com/tbar.jpg

Hope that helps...

goose

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.056 seconds with 38 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com