Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Energizer XP18000  (Read 3514 times)

Offline DiggerinVA

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection Member
Energizer XP18000
« on: June 22, 2012, 01:31:50 PM »
Has anybody tried this battery yet. Power switch could be a issue. But looks great.
Sony C38B's --> Lunatec V2-->PMD661
B-3's --> Tinybox 1.5 --> PCM-M10

Online Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (15)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
Re: Energizer XP18000
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 02:32:26 PM »
I've used the smaller XP8000 version to power the DR2d via the 5v USB output.  Works great.  You do need to remember to push the power/battery-meter button to turn it on before it will output power to the recorder, but it then stays on until the recorder is shut down. I have not used the other votage outputs.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline Chuck

• Trade Count: (42)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • time between the notes...
    • My recordings on the LMA
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 02:45:47 PM »
I've used the smaller XP8000 version to power the DR2d via the 5v USB output.  Works great.  You do need to remember to push the power/battery-meter button to turn it on before it will output power to the recorder, but it then stays on until the recorder is shut down. I have not used the other votage outputs.

I've got the XP8000 too. It powers a UA-5 (9v) fine.
I got tripped up by having to push that damn button to make it work on the first couple of times I used it.

Other than that, it's good.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.

Microphones: AKG C 480 B comb-ULS/ CK 61/ CK 63, Sennheiser MKE 2 elements,  Audix M1290-o, Micro capsule active cables w/ Naiant PFA's, Naiant MSH-1O, Naiant AKG Active cables, Church CA-11 (cardioid), (1) Nady SCM-1000 (mod)
Pre-amps: Naiant littlebox, Naiant littlekit v2.0, BM2p+ Edirol UA-5, Church STC-9000
Recorders: Sound Devices MixPre-6, iRiver iHP-120 (Rockboxed & RTC mod)

Recordings on the LMA: http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/ChuckM
Recording website & blog: http://www.timebetweenthenotes.com

Offline sk-1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 02:20:06 AM »
I have the XP18000 and use it to power a DR680+SD USBPre 2. As the others have noted, the power button is a bit of a nuisance. I opened mine up to see how many and what voltage of cells it uses and predictably there were 3 x 3.7v, giving a total capacity of ~67 watt hours. This is quite a bit below other similarly priced products out there, but the upside is a reputable brand name and hopefully higher quality control levels.

My only other problem with it is apparent power drain even after the power has been switched off. It will be dead overnight if I don't disconnect every device from it. It needs a hardwired power bypass switch inline for it to be foolproof.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.062 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com