Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Switched channels in Garaj Mahal  (Read 6585 times)

Offline jlykos

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Don't sweat the technique
Switched channels in Garaj Mahal
« on: February 10, 2003, 10:33:26 AM »
I did a really dumb thing on Saturday night and switched the channels for the Garaj Mahal show at The Pour House.  It was an on-stage recording so it is *really* obvious.  It is a perfect recording, only the entire image is totally reversed.

I know how to correct this, but the problem is that my computer sucks and my hard drive space won't allow me to transfer the entire show onto it and correct it myself.

If anybody with a HD larger than 1GB (mine) would like to step in and be the MVP here and offer to fix this for me, that would be great.  I taped with M210 (on-stage XY 90*) > MiniMe > D8.  One set, about 2.5 hours.

Also, for future reference, there were quite a few vocals on the songs.  I personally would not go on-stage in the future anymore with this group; the vocals turned out kind of weak on the tapes.  I had never heard a note of their music before the show and everybody was telling me to tape on-stage.  I would just tape the PA next time.

Sorry for the shameless grovel; I just can't believe that I did this!
dpa 4061 > Church Audio 9200 > Sony PCM-D50 (Moon Audio Silver Dragon v3 interconnect)

"I have no views," Mickey Melchiondo, known as Dean Ween, said in a philosophical moment. "I am way too stupid. I have no strong feelings about anything. I'm really into television and the computer. I believe everything I see on TV and read on the Internet."

jpschust

• Trade Count: (0)
Re:Switched channels in Garaj Mahal
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2003, 11:02:52 AM »
Jamie... two options- you can up it to my server and I'll do it, or or or i could possibly lend you my firewire drive...

Jonny

Tim

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2003, 05:22:58 PM »
I've got a quick dropout in my moe. fob's from saturday where I reached down to adjust the right channel and instead moved the samplerate from 44.1->48 and back again... everybody's got the good stories. I showed up at NYE with no power cables, still walked out with a tape from my rig... but boy did I feel dumb!

Offline Mic D

• Habitual Line Stepper
  • Trade Count: (19)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2003, 03:04:25 PM »
Jaime, you are more than welcome to my copies if yours did'nt turn out well.

Kevin

Offline CrazyED

• Taperssection Member
  • w00ks.org
    • My Photos
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2003, 07:29:44 PM »
I can fix it.  You can either uplaod it to my server, or snail mail it off to me.  I've also got MicD/Carrington's tape which sounds nice as well.  Lemme know~
Gear: Canon 350D, Canon 430EX, Canon 10-22mm/3.5, Canon 50mm/1.8, Canon 24-70mm/2.8, Canon 70-200mm/2.8 IS

Offline the yokel

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2003, 11:31:41 PM »
Just out of curiousity how do you switch the channels in post?  I pulled a dummy a couple of weeks ago too.  Had 1st set XY & switched to DIN 2nd set & forgot to switch the calbes on my pre.  Doh.  

Offline hippies

• Taperssection Member
  • "What we all need is a left hand monkey wrench."
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2003, 11:40:41 PM »
cut/ paste.  you'll need 2 versions of the editing software running and twice the disc space as the show requires on your HD however.  you could also use 2 different editors, no matter.  

Offline CrazyED

• Taperssection Member
  • w00ks.org
    • My Photos
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2003, 01:26:37 AM »
Well I had to do an on-stage kimock tape last year, and while I didnt have 2 verison of the software running, soundforge allows you to have multiple files open at once within the same window/program, basically an empty file and the audio, and copied and pasted................I think thats what scott means though.......
Gear: Canon 350D, Canon 430EX, Canon 10-22mm/3.5, Canon 50mm/1.8, Canon 24-70mm/2.8, Canon 70-200mm/2.8 IS

Offline hippies

• Taperssection Member
  • "What we all need is a left hand monkey wrench."
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2003, 02:42:18 AM »
right, Matt.  either way.  depends on the S/W.  Wavelab will allow multiple windows/ frames too i believe.  don't think Cool Edit does though.  thanks for the clarification.  ;)

jpschust

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2003, 02:44:56 AM »
wavelab doesnt require much for switching channels.  actually the process takes about 2 seconds for an 800 meg wav file.  The biggest wait is on the save.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.075 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com