Gear / Technical Help > Microphones & Setup

miniDSP AmbiMIK-1 Ambisonic Mic

<< < (2/9) > >>

jerryfreak:
its really difficult to do more than a few channels on ios lightning connector due to bus power limitations

MIQ:

--- Quote from: jerryfreak on June 24, 2020, 11:07:07 PM ---its really difficult to do more than a few channels on ios lightning connector due to bus power limitations

--- End quote ---

I don't think Core Audio (the audio engine in Apple products) has any channel limitations for the lightning connector and the processors in most phones these days are plenty powerful to do many channels of audio.  If you get the $40 Apple camera connection kit with the charger port, buss power is not an issue at all.  I run 24 channels in, 24 out, with my Motu Ultralight Mk4 connected to an iPad or iPhone running the Mofonix App almost every day without any issues.  The buss powers the iPad, the Motu plugs into the wall.  You could power the iPad with a USB battery supply connected to the camera kit if you really wanted to, but you still need to plug the Motu into the wall or find another way to power it. 

jerryfreak:
that motu doesnt look bus-powered to me. theres a 15V DC jack on the back

MIQ:
Yes I noted that, but that's how the device is powered.  I can't change that.  It's not the lightning connector that reduces the channel count is my point.  If you want to be battery powered with multi-channel audio on an iOS device you can do it.  It's not the lightning connector holding it back.

jerryfreak:

--- Quote from: MIQ on June 25, 2020, 12:23:32 AM ---Yes I noted that, but that's how the device is powered.  I can't change that.  It's not the lightning connector that reduces the channel count is my point.  If you want to be battery powered with multi-channel audio on an iOS device you can do it.  It's not the lightning connector holding it back.

--- End quote ---

again, bus power was the only limitation that i mentioned. im not aware of any 4 channel bus-powered devices

there are numerous devices like the motu that dont require bus power and work with OS

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version