Gear / Technical Help > Microphones & Setup

Mic Compendium

(1/2) > >>

chuckcage:
Maybe this is a stupid thought, but...

Has anyone seen a list compiled anywhere of all the popular mics with their common uses and comments from users?

Chuck

chuckcage:
I've seen all these "what mics should I buy" questions, and it occurred to me that it'd be really cool to put together a big text file the organizes mics into price categories, include specs and then -- most importantly -- pro and con comments from actual users.

Looks like that contains the specs, but I don't think I've seen anything really directed at not only "what it is technically" but "what users think."

I was considering posting and asking everyone to email me their mic/pre/AD config along with comments.

Good idea/bad ideas?

Chuck

Tim:
My entry:
u89/m148/modsbm-1  
- more colored than Michael Jackson circa 1975

jpschust:
theres a mic review thread over on www.tapeop.com as well in the general discussion

Simp-Dawg:

--- Quote from: jpschust on November 24, 2003, 01:34:19 AM ---theres a mic review thread over on www.tapeop.com as well in the general discussion

--- End quote ---
this is a pretty weak list though.
we need one for the tapers.  like neumann mics are wet and warm and schoeps are bright and oktavas have a muddy low end and shit like that.
we should make a database...link similar sounding mics together...post reviews about sound quality with different preamps...samples of each...it owuld be pretty sweet!  i don't have any database experience though, but i bet someone on here does.  we just need to get info together for it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version