Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Poll

do you use a attenuator with the AD-20?

Yes
7 (30.4%)
No
15 (65.2%)
some times
1 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: how many of you use a attenuator with the AD-20?  (Read 8059 times)

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I love/hate tickets.
Re: how many of you use a attenuator with the AD-20?
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2004, 11:01:02 AM »
Yeah...it sucks...

Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline OOK

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • formerly OtherOneK
Re: how many of you use a attenuator with the AD-20?
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2004, 02:29:41 AM »
MY experience with this unit is it runs a Hot signal...............It starts out at a +20 DB signal............Thats pretty hot for loud situations....I recomend the the attenuators.  They don't flatten out the top ends thats usaully cause by running to hot of a signal in to your recorder..............The attenuator such as the shure model  will knock the signal down so you get a better signal.....for example if your running a 20 db pad that will counter act the +20 signal and it would be as if your starting from 0db........which is what you want  anyway......Its basically the same as putting a pad between the mic cap and the mic body.  Lets say you have a pair of MBHO's they have a slp of 130 db. with a -10 attenuator the mic can now handle 140 db before overloading......., only what your talking about is putting the pad between the adc and the start of the mic cable.......basically the same thing...but what it comes down to is personal taste some people us them, some don't, in your situation  I would! 

later OOK
DPA/HEB 4060's > R09HR
MBHO648/KA100Lk/KA200/KA300/KA500 > SD702

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com