Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Matrix on a mac....done it?  (Read 5119 times)

Offline mfh2014

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • Rock
    • bigherm
Re:Matrix on a mac....done it?
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2004, 11:15:09 PM »
FWIW....i've pulled 4 channels on the FW410 succesfully...2 analog mic in and 2 coax S/PDIF in...

matt

Offline John Kelly

• Been a while...
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • The Jokell
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2004, 11:31:12 PM »
Have you ever tried the xlr ins and the 1/4" ins at the same time?  I haven't had the chance to test that yet...
Sennheiser MKH8040st > SD 702
XBL/PSN/Steam ID: thejokell

Offline Chris K

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Bound to cover just a little more ground
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2004, 09:04:51 AM »
I'm pretty sure the "delay" you hear in the clapping is the two guys on stage clapping and then the crowd clapping, who clearly didn't have any friggin rhythm...

uh...yeah...that could explain it too..

again i like the sense of depth....if it were me i would be satisfied, but without having a starting point to reference, i guess that really doesn't mean much
My gear: JK Labs AKG DVC > M10
              AKG 460 ck61/ck62/ck63 > DR-70D

A live concert to me is exciting because of all the electricity that is generated in the crowd and on stage. It's my favorite part of the business, live concerts.
-Elvis Presley

Offline dklein

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2004, 12:00:22 AM »
Sounds great John.  

The easiest place to check your delay is on straight voice or some good cymbal crashes.  When you're out by more than 5ms or so, you get a sort of swishy, phasey sound.  With headphones on, voices tend to drift around a bit (the location of the voice that is).  

If you're having trouble with my description, just throw the 2 sources out by 10ms and then find a spot with somebody talking - for whatever reason the human voice really shows the effect.

I think I hear a tiny bit of that but not much to worry about.  Again, good job!
KM 184 > V2 > R4
older recording gear: UA-5  / emagic A62 / laptop / JB3 / CSB / AD20 / Sharp MT-90 / Sony MDS-JE510
Playback: Pioneer DV-578 > Lucid DA 9624 >many funny little british boxes > Linn Isobarik PMS

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com