Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: One pair of mics  (Read 9747 times)

Offline OOK

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • formerly OtherOneK
Re: One pair of mics
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2012, 09:18:16 AM »
Not many people have them...but that will change once more poeple hear them....  Nevaton MC49 cards...!  It its an incredible sounding microphone and is perfect for what we do...
OOK
Those recordings on LMA sounds really nice!
BUT It really eats 10mA as mentioned in specs?

There is no way they pull that much.....  Like JD said someting must have gotten lost in translation...  I have used my nevaton a couple of times since getting them and I haven't noticed any different drain than say my MBHO....
DPA/HEB 4060's > R09HR
MBHO648/KA100Lk/KA200/KA300/KA500 > SD702

Offline heehaw

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2012, 01:43:44 PM »
I'm thinking to ask about this specs Russian Nevaton's service (I'm from Russia). Anyway, Russian Nevaton's website don't have a detailed specs for their mics (only sensitivity, noise, max spl and graphs). Only detailed specs I've found have been published by NEVATON.EU. And this specs differ sometimes from those on Russian website. For example, a Nevaton MK48 have a sensitivity of 20mv/Pa on Russian website, but 12mV/Pa on NEAVATON.EU. And I don't know who to believe. Maybe, It's time to ask Nevaton's.
2 x mkh40 > mixpre-d > m10

Offline OOK

• Trade Count: (17)
  • formerly OtherOneK
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2012, 10:56:22 AM »
TNjazz is a dealer for Nevaton he may be able to clear up some concerns....  OOK
DPA/HEB 4060's > R09HR
MBHO648/KA100Lk/KA200/KA300/KA500 > SD702

Offline TNJazz

• Ninja
  • Trade Count: (44)
  • "Those who know, know."
    • NINJA DYNAMITE
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2012, 12:10:57 PM »
Nevaton.eu is the European distributor's website, so I think I would go with the Russian specs.  I can check on this and see what I can find out for sure.  I can say with reasonable certainty that they do NOT draw 10mA.

Incidentally, please excuse the sales pitch here but our US distributor is currently clearing out all the "NOS" Nevaton so there are some pretty nice prices to be had right now on MC49 card, MC49 omni, MC416, MC51 and perhaps several others (no 400s though, sorry).  Email me if interested - dirk@bigpurpledog.com - we may even be able to arrange for a 1-2 week demo as well...!

To toss in my 2 cents (or rubles, as the case may be) I would also pick a set of Nevs as my desert island pair.  I've always loved the MC49 and they are a fantastic all around card.  They would probably be my #1 pick, BUT a gig we did recently may have shifted me to the LDs...

We did a multitrack of a violin performance/presentation and used mostly Nevs.  Some MC49, MC51 and MC416 in various roles in a close miking situation and we used the LDCs across the front of the stage for the fiddle player(s) and the discussion/narration.  After the performance, the head of the local youth orchestra couldn't get to me fast enough to ask what in the world the mics were that we used!  He said he was amazed at how natural they sounded both on the violins and on the voice parts!  Before I could say anything, the house sound guy standing there next to me chimed in and said "yea they did sound great.  I actually ran all of them completely flat from the start and didn't touch the EQ all night.". I thought that was pretty amazing.  Listening to the roughs a few weeks ago in the studio the client was extremely happy with the sound of the strings and I hadn't put any EQ or effects on them at that point.

So long story short...after that experience I might have to go with a pair of MC416.
Check out my band!  --> http://www.ninjadynamite.com

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com