Gear / Technical Help > Post-Processing, Computer / Streaming / Internet Devices & Related Activity

remote desktop for win10 unable to connect

(1/3) > >>

Justy Gyee:
not a taping question, but a damn, i cant figure this out question.

ive set up my ports on the modem and checked firewall status.
i can connect remotely from my home network, but unable to from outside networks.
testing from work, were RDC is used for work purposes, so i dont think that network is the problem.
ive read about two dozen articles that all stop with guidance after modem/firewall settings.
any ideas on whats keeping me from logging in remotely?

kliked:
So you have a win10 machine at home you'd like to connect to via RDP from outside your home network?  Does it have to be RDP or will any type of remote access work?

anodyne33:
new IP address?

Justy Gyee:

--- Quote from: kliked on April 12, 2023, 03:06:58 PM ---So you have a win10 machine at home you'd like to connect to via RDP from outside your home network?  Does it have to be RDP or will any type of remote access work?

--- End quote ---
yes, it could be another type of remote access, but im starting with the app thats on both machinces

--- Quote from: anodyne33 on April 12, 2023, 03:25:29 PM ---new IP address?

--- End quote ---
new IP address, same problem.
not connecting from external network

rocksuitcase:
When you say "outside networks" are you referring to say, going to the auto shop/dealer and connecting from there to your work?
Are you connecting with THEIR "free" wiFi?
1] If so, their firewall may prevent RDP tunnels. OR
2] Your adapter might be set to public as opposed to private. That has screwed me up more than one might think.
3] From only empirical knowledge, Win10 appears to not allow public adapters to connect via RDP

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/make-a-wi-fi-network-public-or-private-in-windows-0460117d-8d3e-a7ac-f003-7a0da607448d   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version