Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Dummy Cell > Sony Video Camera  (Read 1695 times)

stevetoney

• Trade Count: (0)
Dummy Cell > Sony Video Camera
« on: July 07, 2008, 09:38:26 AM »
Since I no longer have a 7xx, I tried a weekend project that unfortunately didn't work out for me.  My project was to convert the cable that I had for using the dummy cell and 7.2V RC batteries for long-term powering of the Sound Devices 7xx for using with my Sony DCR PC100 video camera.  The issue though is that the video camera uses M-series batteries and the dummy cell is sized for the L-series, so of course the dummy cell would not fit onto my video camera. 

No problem (I thought).  I'll just take one of my dead M-series batteries, take it apart and then solder it up so it to the cable network that's connected to the L-series dummy cells (see a different Moke thread on how to do this).

Well, everything went fine in reconstructing the new setup.  Although I wasn't able to reuse the circuit board inside the dead infolithium battery, I did reuse the small electronics circuit that was inside of the L-series dummy cell (not sure what this was for...possibly a high/low voltage cut).  However, the project was a failure in the end because my video camera recognized that the setup was not an Infolithium battery, so the camera would power up fine but after it detected that the power source was not from an infolithium, it automatically shut back down. 

It was a good idea, but I got outsmarted in the end. 

Anybody know how I can outsmart the camera into thinking I've got an infolithium hooked up? 

BTW, it's not possible to reuse the tiny electronics circuit from the Infolithium...too small and had to snip connections when pulling the old M-series apart.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 09:46:44 AM by tonedeaf »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com