Gear / Technical Help > Post-Processing, Computer / Streaming / Internet Devices & Related Activity

VX Poclet

(1/3) > >>

jpschust:
I am awaiting my VX pocket to get here, and am curious as to any reviews on this piece of gear.... any conflicts?  likes, dislikes?

Jonny

d swing:
I love this card but there are two major complaints:  

1.  The dongle.  The connector for the breakout cable is very weak.  I recommend making some kind of shroud or using with extreme caution in the field.

2.  Not capable of a 96KHz sampling rate.  Your limited to 24/48 which is fine for me.  

Other than those two little drawbacks, I highly recommend the card.  

-D

jpschust:
I was under the impression on the Vx2 that you can do 96 via coax...

jpschust:
Just spoke to Fostex.  Indeed, it does not go 96 khz.  This is dumb.  2 complaints already- 1, since its not going USB it should be doing 96 for the cost.  2- why they don't have a tech person easily reachable baffles me, seems like the kind of support companies should be offering.  

So, end result for me- returning my VX pocket which I am receiving by mail today and going with a Nuendo Multiset instead.  

Jonny

d swing:
Whatever works for you, what's the big rush to do 24/96?  Have you done any listening tests with 24/48 vs. 24/96?  Also, I think 24/48 fits the dvd-a spec closer than 24/96 although I could be wrong on this.

-D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version