Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: do you know how to open a microtrack?  (Read 1716 times)

Offline endless_soul

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
do you know how to open a microtrack?
« on: December 20, 2008, 11:41:50 PM »
while cleaning up an old warehouse i found a forgotten microtrack...which seems not to work...i plugged it into my pc too and it doesnt power up at all...
i was wondering if it is possible to open it somehow and give it a look inside to see if i can find out what the problem is and sending it for repair...
anyone knows how to remove the front/back panels?
or any other suggestion on what to do?
cheers
  8)

Offline dallman

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (33)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Clifford Morse
Re: do you know how to open a microtrack?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 12:33:13 PM »
A known issue on theMT 2496 was that if it is completely dead, it may need to be plugged in for a long time before the first spark of life returns. I don't recall if you could get it back to life through a PC, but for sure by plugging into the wall. Give it a long wait plugged in and see what happens.
Support Live Music: Tape A Show Today!
Deck>possibly something here> Mics

Offline chris319

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2008, 12:02:50 PM »
I know how to open a Microtrack II. Place it on a concrete slab, grab a 40-pound sledge hammer and let 'er rip.

Works better when you do that. >:D

Offline neutrino

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • **Team Chicago**
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2008, 01:07:50 PM »
Yes, I have opened and repaired a microtrack in the past. You need a ipod pry tool. A small flat bladed screwdriver will do the job in a pinch, but you may end up hacking up the back of the case a bit in the process. You open the microtrack from the back panel not the front. There are no screws to remove to open the back of unit. The back panel is locked in place by each of the four corners and by three clips located near the middle of the sides. There is also a clip on the center of the top and bottom of the back house that needs to be unhinged. I was able to unlock one side of the back housing and then open the back case as if it was on a hinge to remove it. The unit i repaired had a broken solder joint on the battery terminal making it lose power.

Here are a couple of pics of the back housing i took to help you see the clips..

CA14/OM14 > A10
Sony SBM-1 Oade mod

Offline endless_soul

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2008, 06:06:00 PM »
thanks a lot, i will try that!!! :D

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.062 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com