Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Problem with xACT (batch rename content)  (Read 1589 times)

Offline Əkoostikal

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • One of these days....
Problem with xACT (batch rename content)
« on: March 25, 2009, 03:34:35 PM »
I have been using xACT 1.62 for some time now on my MAC with great results. Today I tried do a batch rename and I keep getting the same problems. ... THe files loose their extensions and are no longer recognized by my computer. I have to go back into each one and manually add the .flac tag to the end of the name. Lets say I am making the new files names something like this: band2009-03.25.sbd.d1t   xACT has always taken things from there and added track numbers and the .flac or .wav extension. It always give a message that reads "you have added one or more "." in the file name, would you like to treat them as an extension or ignore." I always click ignore and everything has been fine up until today. Can anyone give any insight into what the problem might be?

Thanks! - Kiel   
BONGWATER via Etree:

"Phil Keeps on growing, never even slowing, never really knowing all of the minds he's really blowing!!!!!"

Offline sam

• Getting out as much as I can
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: Problem with xACT (batch rename content)
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 01:30:02 PM »
The problem is the period you have in the file name instead of band2009-03.25.sbd.d1t it should be band2009-03-25d1t. When it asks treat the periods as extendion it will keep your extensions
AKG480/61/63->Audio Magic X-Stream->Marantz ACM671

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.093 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com