Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: 2 Microtrack II Questions (battery related)  (Read 2062 times)

Offline cleantone

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
2 Microtrack II Questions (battery related)
« on: June 02, 2009, 10:48:29 AM »
So I just got this thing. I transfered a DAT with the coax. I charged it fully afterward. I transfered the file to my Mac. After merely transferring the file this thing seems like it is taking too long to get a full charge again. It was on for a few minutes and is taking an hour or more to charge again. What is up with that?

Also is there any portable battery solution for long(ish) term field recording? I bought this to be able to do mobile 2 track again. I've been tethered to AC and bulky gear for a while now. I seem to be getting 3-4 hours of record time on this. Any gadgets out there?
ISO: your recordings of The Slip, Surprise Me Mr. Davis and The Barr Brothers. pm me please.

Offline anhisr

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: 2 Microtrack II Questions (battery related)
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 10:57:08 AM »
When you charge a microtrack it seems to take just as long charge the battery if you finish off the battery or only use it a little.   There are many external 5v batteries out there.   I had one on had from other uses. 
Audio: Neumann KM 100> 20, 30, 40, 43 or 50 > V3 > MT II (love that M/S)
Still Camera Body: Canon D5 Mark II
Canon Lenses:  16-35mm f2.8L II USM; 28-135mm f3.5-5.6 IS USM; 70-200mm f2.8L IS USM
Video Canon HF R30

archive  http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/anhisr

Offline Chad817

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 09:31:34 PM »
I use a Lenmar usb battery pack to power mine.  I think it's 2100mah...got it at radioshack for $40, I'm sure it can be found cheaper online but I was in a pinch.
studio projects c4 > edirol ua-5 [digi mod] > Microtrack II

laying around: sp cmc-4, power supply and jb3

Offline rsimms3

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 09:48:41 PM »
I use this:
http://www.amazon.com/Lenmar-Universal-Powerport-Power-Adapter/dp/B0015ZZZLS/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=wireless&qid=1244252741&sr=8-3

Just taped like 4 hours with it plugged in.  I fully charged before I left the house, had it plugged in during time I was recording, and by the time I left the MTII battery was at full charge.  Nice and slim, lightweight.  Slightly wider than the MT.  I don't use the included power cable, I just don't trust those retractible cables at all. 
FOR SALE - Check HERE

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.066 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com