Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Looks like DPA is making a series with removable caps  (Read 31095 times)

Online aaronji

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Looks like DPA is making a series with removable caps
« Reply #105 on: January 18, 2012, 11:39:10 AM »
So I got a pair of the "slim XLR" cables (in a custom length, which was no problem).  They are pretty cool; when plugged in they only add about 1 mm to the length of the microphone.  A Neutrik on the other end.  The cable is about the same diameter as a typical Church mic cable.

I would say, though, that they might have machined them a bit too precisely!  They are quite difficult to unplug, since they are exactly the same diameter as the mics and the gap between cable and mic body is very thin.  You can squeeze a nail in there, but it's not easy...Basically, nothing to grab (except for the cable)...I guess they really have these in mind for (semi-)permanent installations.

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
« Reply #106 on: January 18, 2012, 11:42:36 AM »
Do they actually lock or simply interference fit?
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Online aaronji

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #107 on: January 20, 2012, 10:01:29 AM »
Yes, they lock.  A small piece of some type of hardened metal, I think.  Attached is a photo (sorry for the poor quality).  You can see the tab you push to unlock it right above the cable...

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.041 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com