Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Apogee AD1K Power Cable And Battery  (Read 4478 times)

Offline gormenghast

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Taperssection Member
Apogee AD1K Power Cable And Battery
« on: February 02, 2021, 10:10:11 AM »
I purchased the Apogee AD1K in the yard sale the other day.  I thought I had a cable for it but haven't located it yet.  What would it take to to make one with a SPDIF cable also?  And what is available these days battery-wise I could use with this thing?

Thanks.
A lot of people run a race to see who is the fastest. I run to see who has the most guts, who can punish himself into exhausting pace, and then at the end, punish himself even more.

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
  • Trade Count: (31)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • The plural of anecdote is not data
Re: Apogee AD1K Power Cable And Battery
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2021, 10:25:18 AM »
the power on the 15-pin input is a bit of a challenge. perhaps look for a 15-pin dsub to cannibalize and hope that the power pins you need are used. most of these are molded and theyre not really setup for DIY solder jobs. you need pins 1 and 6 for spdif and 15-16 for power

also re: spdif i have an aes>coax laying around which is simple and robust.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 10:30:32 AM by jerryfreak »
Unable to post or PM due to arbitrary censorship of people the mod doesn't like. Please email me using the link in my profile if you need to connect

Offline ero3030

• Trade Count: (59)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2021, 12:25:37 PM »
Good old SLA.  4 pin XLR and your coax digi coming out of the 15 pin.  Should be extras round here.  Everyone owned 2 if u ran a ad1k
needin some fishhead music!

" known for f**king up a good weekend on a Thursday nite "

Offline gormenghast

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2021, 05:42:57 PM »
Any suggestions as to what battery manufacturer to buy?  And the AC charger as well?
A lot of people run a race to see who is the fastest. I run to see who has the most guts, who can punish himself into exhausting pace, and then at the end, punish himself even more.

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
  • Trade Count: (31)
  • The plural of anecdote is not data
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2021, 08:42:14 PM »
according to the manual, the low battery starts flashing at 11.5V, but the unit will operate down to 10.5

any LI-ion shouldnt be run lower than 10.8V so youre good to go if you dont use the apogee itself for battery indication. as power hungry as the AD1K is, id go with a larger battery

https://www.talentcell.com/lithium-ion-battery/12v/yb12011000-usb.html

Unable to post or PM due to arbitrary censorship of people the mod doesn't like. Please email me using the link in my profile if you need to connect

Offline ero3030

• Trade Count: (59)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2021, 02:12:07 PM »
Any suggestions as to what battery manufacturer to buy?  And the AC charger as well?
Panasonic SLA's and a basic float charger.  Was standard stuff.  Been years,  but deff reliable and reasonable.  Are u trying newer battery tech?  Have fun building.  Luv the building part ( what little I know! ) was a cool part to this hobbie.  Ed
needin some fishhead music!

" known for f**king up a good weekend on a Thursday nite "

Offline gormenghast

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2021, 11:44:26 AM »
Panasonic SLA's and a basic float charger.  Was standard stuff.  Been years,  but deff reliable and reasonable.  Are u trying newer battery tech?  Have fun building.  Luv the building part ( what little I know! ) was a cool part to this hobbie.  Ed

I don't know what I'm doing actually.  I have the AD1K and I thought I had another power cable from my previous unit--found a battery in my garage but no charger or power cable for the AD1K.  I'd probably go with a newer tech battery but the SLAs are what I was using back when I first got into taping ( Eco Charge ).  As for building, I should learn soldering but might be easier and cost efficient to have someone else do it. 

Offline kindms

• Trade Count: (6)
    • The Breakfast
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2021, 05:48:21 PM »

I don't know what I'm doing actually.  I have the AD1K and I thought I had another power cable from my previous unit--found a battery in my garage but no charger or power cable for the AD1K.  I'd probably go with a newer tech battery but the SLAs are what I was using back when I first got into taping ( Eco Charge ).  As for building, I should learn soldering but might be easier and cost efficient to have someone else do it.

if you want to hump lead I have like 3 eco charge tops (batteries as well) collecting dust and chargers. I would highly recommend going with something newer but if you want the parts let me know
AKG c426, AKG414 XLS/ST, AKG ck61, ck22, >nBob colettes >PFA > V3, SD MixPre >  TCM-Mod Tascam HDP2, Sony M10
Little Bear tube Pre >Outlaw Audio 2200 Monoblocks > VR-2's

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.138 seconds with 36 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com