Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Zoom F3  (Read 67955 times)

Offline eman

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Return of the Shredi
Re: Zoom F3
« Reply #210 on: June 16, 2022, 08:30:54 PM »
The recorder is as small and stripped down as it can be. I'm attributing any problems to my inexperience with it, and I'm sure I'll be fine. Interesting that the F8 also goes straight to phantom power and meters going. That is certainly not the case with the M10 which I'm used to, which lights up but does nothing until you hit record. Running phantom on powerup is not what I would choose- I'm sure it's draining the battery even when not recording.
Theologically speaking, the two parties have divided the Seven Deadly Sins as follows: Republicans oppose lust, sloth and envy; Democrats scorn gluttony, greed, wrath and pride. Little progress is reported. -Gene Lyons

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (15)
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
« Reply #211 on: June 17, 2022, 09:34:51 AM »
Yes.  F8 does has a menu function that saves power by turning off phantom power while playing a file (which I have engaged), but yeah, when simply "idling" it is powered up with phantom sent to whichever channels has it engaged.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline sdbirder

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #212 on: July 01, 2022, 09:28:14 PM »
Could someone please post some more Zoom F3 samples? All of the links from earlier in this thread have expired.

Cheers!

Offline gaijin

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #213 on: July 08, 2022, 09:23:23 AM »
Could someone please post some more Zoom F3 samples? All of the links from earlier in this thread have expired.

Cheers!

Joey DeFrancesco @ Berk's Jazz Fest using Line Audio CM4 (48v) from FOB, DFC ~Wide ORTF mounted to a stationary  >:D "object" direct into the F3 @ 32, 48
https://we.tl/t-Y5uoqO0IKo

I'll repost some others but I have to dig for the files on another PC.

Offline Ozpeter

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #214 on: July 09, 2022, 10:26:19 PM »
Plenty of dynamic range there - including some handy silences in the first minute - kind of them to play that piece to test your system!

Offline rastasean

• in paradise
  • Trade Count: (23)
« Reply #215 on: July 10, 2022, 04:00:57 PM »
https://www.sounddevices.com/audio-recording-calculator/

A handy link that's certainly somewhere on TS.

A 32 GB SD card can get roughly 20 hours of 2 tracks of 32 bit audio.
Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it’s worth.

mcfoster

« Reply #216 on: July 11, 2022, 02:29:35 PM »
Hey there, any thoughts on these for the F3? I am tired of burning up AA's and do not want an external battery for this one. TIA https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08QZ5CTC9?psc=1&smid=ADMAJ1NNAHZG9&ref_=chk_typ_imgToDp

Offline fguidry

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • Kaleponi - Slack Key in California
« Reply #217 on: July 11, 2022, 09:01:49 PM »
Any reason to choose these over Eneloops? That's what I'm using in my F6.

Fran

mcfoster

« Reply #218 on: July 12, 2022, 08:42:35 AM »
I was looking at the 3400 mah claim on them. How many hours do you get on eneloopes in your F6 BTW, I have one as well. Thanks

Offline voltronic

• Trade Count: (40)
« Reply #219 on: July 12, 2022, 08:54:09 AM »
I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way.
- Gustav Mahler

Acoustic Recording Techniques
Team Classical
Team Line Audio
Team DPA

Offline commongrounder

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #220 on: July 12, 2022, 09:45:11 AM »
I was looking at the 3400 mah claim on them. How many hours do you get on eneloopes in your F6 BTW, I have one as well. Thanks
You need to be careful on the lithium-ion rechargeable AA cells. The capacity is shown in milli-WATT-hours (mwh), not the usual milli-AMP-hours (mah) shown on a typical nimh cell. If you do the math, those 3400mwh cells are 2267mah at 1.5 volts. These lithium-ion cells have dc-dc converters in them that maintain a constant 1.5 volts until the cell is almost exhausted, then steps the voltage down to trigger low battery warnings in the device being powered.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2022, 09:47:31 AM by commongrounder »

mcfoster

« Reply #221 on: July 12, 2022, 12:24:40 PM »
You need to be careful on the lithium-ion rechargeable AA cells. The capacity is shown in milli-WATT-hours (mwh), not the usual milli-AMP-hours (mah) shown on a typical nimh cell. If you do the math, those 3400mwh cells are 2267mah at 1.5 volts. These lithium-ion cells have dc-dc converters in them that maintain a constant 1.5 volts until the cell is almost exhausted, then steps the voltage down to trigger low battery warnings in the device being powered.

Ahh see, so you get a nice steady voltage, with a little less overall capacity, and then your recording stops and you loose everything? haha. I usually have good luck with amazon's choice stuff... My goal with these is to use 1 set of batteries per set of music, and then recharge, repeat..

Offline voltronic

• Trade Count: (40)
« Reply #222 on: July 12, 2022, 12:54:19 PM »

That's a great tip. Very tricky of them to label them this way to fool the customer into thinking they are getting way higher capacity than they actually are.
I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way.
- Gustav Mahler

Acoustic Recording Techniques
Team Classical
Team Line Audio
Team DPA

Offline justme

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #223 on: July 12, 2022, 02:22:32 PM »
I found an interesting review with comparison against the Eneloops.
And a peek into it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L62tCyOP06w

Offline fguidry

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • Kaleponi - Slack Key in California
« Reply #224 on: July 12, 2022, 03:15:58 PM »

Sorry, I haven't done a rundown test that I can recall. I have done shows that were 2 hours without getting nervous.

Fran

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.085 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com