Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Edirol/Roland R-44 (part six)  (Read 5795 times)

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
Edirol/Roland R-44 (part six)
« on: March 17, 2022, 01:03:59 PM »
Continued from the part 5 found here: First page / Last post
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline boa

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection Member
  • crowesbase loves you
    • crowesbase:an.amorican.archive
Re: Edirol/Roland R-44 (part six)
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2022, 04:20:20 PM »
Checking in.
Microtech Gefell m22 >  Babynbox > Sony m10acm
Microtech Gefell mv200/m21 > Aerco mp2 > Roland r44ocm

Offline capnhook

• All your llamas are belong to us....
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2022, 05:57:02 PM »
way in
Proud member of the reality-based community

BSCS-L->JB-mod [NAK CM-300 (CP-3) and/or (CP-1)]->LSD2->CA CAFS-Omni->Sony ECM-907**Apogee MiniMe Rev. C->CA Ugly II->**Edirol OCM R-44->Tascam DR-22WL->Sony TCD-D8

"Don't ever take an all or nothing attitude when it comes to making a difference
and being beautiful and making the world a beautiful place through your actions.
Every little bit is registered.  Every little bit.  So be as beautiful as you can as often as you can"

"It'll never be over, 'till we learn."

"My dream is to get a bus and get the band and just go coast to coast. Just about everything else except music, is anti-musical.  That's it.  Music's the thing." - Jeb Puryear

Offline Gutbucket

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2022, 06:06:17 PM »
^I dare say you are further in than anyone, likely having recorded more shows with this recorder than anyone on the planet!
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline capnhook

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2022, 06:31:22 PM »
#1 died in a terrible torrent-storm...I could only protect the other rig..   >:(

#2 and #3 are out and about as often as we are.

#4 sits on the shelf, waiting to go out for the first time.. :)
Proud member of the reality-based community

BSCS-L->JB-mod [NAK CM-300 (CP-3) and/or (CP-1)]->LSD2->CA CAFS-Omni->Sony ECM-907**Apogee MiniMe Rev. C->CA Ugly II->**Edirol OCM R-44->Tascam DR-22WL->Sony TCD-D8

"Don't ever take an all or nothing attitude when it comes to making a difference
and being beautiful and making the world a beautiful place through your actions.
Every little bit is registered.  Every little bit.  So be as beautiful as you can as often as you can"

"It'll never be over, 'till we learn."

"My dream is to get a bus and get the band and just go coast to coast. Just about everything else except music, is anti-musical.  That's it.  Music's the thing." - Jeb Puryear

Offline detroit lightning

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2022, 08:42:27 PM »
Checking in / will be buying a new battery pack+cable soon!

Offline Gutbucket

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2022, 05:45:22 PM »
Recorded using my OCM R44 three times this last week.  Hadn't done so in a while and had almost forgotten how much I love this easy to use, great sounding machine as a recorder.  For years I've been using it primarily for raw playback of 4 channel stuff I recorded using Tascam DR2d.

Long live the R-44!

Offline Ozpeter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2022, 06:24:37 AM »
Mine sits on my desk under a transparent dustcover, awaiting the day when I.... can't remember what.... :)

Offline T-90

• Trade Count: (7)
  • ya aint gotta do what ya aint gotta do
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2022, 07:17:33 PM »
Still my go to deck….rock solid over the years.
"I dont sing...I dont dance...and I dont like to be around anyone who does" D.Letterman
DPA 4023, AT4051a, AT4053a
Countryman B3, AT853(4.7k,c,sc,h)
V3, FP24, Bm2p+ UA5, ST9100
OCM Edirol R-44, Sony PCM-M10

Offline One Cylinder

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2022, 07:27:57 PM »
Amen! I’m also a big fan of the R-44 w/ Doug Oade’s Concert Mod. Was only able to get to two shows last week but, like usual, my R-44 performed like a champ!  :bigsmile:

Recorded using my OCM R44 three times this last week.  Hadn't done so in a while and had almost forgotten how much I love this easy to use, great sounding machine as a recorder.  For years I've been using it primarily for raw playback of 4 channel stuff I recorded using Tascam DR2d.

Long live the R-44!
Schoeps MK4(x2) MK21(x2)
Schoeps CMC6(x4) CMC1K(x2)
Sonosax SX-M2, Grace Design ACM Lunatec V3
Roland OCM R-44

Offline bhadella

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Toiling away the day...
    • http://db.etree.org/bhadella1
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2023, 03:47:03 PM »
After a long hiatus, I'm back on the train.   My R44 was powered by the old 9V DVD batteries that are no longer trustworthy.  Sounds like the TalentCell batteries are the best option.   This still the right model for us tapers?

https://www.amazon.com/TalentCell-Rechargeable-11000mAh-14500mAh-26400mAh/dp/B016BJCRUO/ref=sr_1_2?crid=3PUMM1UGGBZJJ&keywords=TalentCell&qid=1692387917&s=electronics&sprefix=talentcell+%2Celectronics%2C150&sr=1-2
"Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter. "

Offline achalsey

• Trade Count: (29)
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2023, 04:22:59 PM »
^^ I used that to power the R-44 and an Aerco MP2 together.  Worked great, tons of juice.  Obviously need a cable with reverse polarity on the R44 side.

Offline mrfender

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2023, 05:05:34 PM »
After a long hiatus, I'm back on the train.   My R44 was powered by the old 9V DVD batteries that are no longer trustworthy.  Sounds like the TalentCell batteries are the best option.   This still the right model for us tapers?

https://www.amazon.com/TalentCell-Rechargeable-11000mAh-14500mAh-26400mAh/dp/B016BJCRUO/ref=sr_1_2?crid=3PUMM1UGGBZJJ&keywords=TalentCell&qid=1692387917&s=electronics&sprefix=talentcell+%2Celectronics%2C150&sr=1-2

I used one of their lower models to run a DR680 and 4 mics, power meter at 4 out of five lights at the end of the night.  That one should do the trick.

Not that much cheaper but half the size so easier to *cough* manage in certain circumstances:

https://www.amazon.com/TalentCell-Rechargeable-12000mAh-Multi-led-indicator/dp/B00ME3ZH7C
« Last Edit: August 19, 2023, 02:23:57 PM by mrfender »
DR2d, DR-05, DR-22wl, DR-40, DR-44wl, DR-608, PCM-M10, Roland R-07, PCM, PCM-A10
CA-14 card/omni, AT853 cards/omni, Nak CM-300 cards/omni, Line Audio CM4

Offline Gutbucket

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2023, 05:19:04 PM »
Yep. That's the one I use to power R44 and my other non hand-held gear these days (DR-680, F8, V3).  Will run the R-44 on its own longer than you'll likely need, but nice to have the extra capacity, for external preamp if you want, charge phone if you want, or if only to not over-discharge the battery overly far to maximize its life.

You can probably get along fine with one of the smaller Talentcells which are half the thickness of that one for typical concerts. I've not used those but they are about the same size as the old DVD batteries if that fits better in your bag (although turned 90 degrees as the ports, meter and power switch are on the short side of the Talentcell vs the long side of the DVD battery.

Offline Colin Liston

• Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2023, 10:41:36 AM »
checking in
Occasionally....music mics record

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.083 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com