Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: taping with XP home?  (Read 9726 times)

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
Re: taping with XP home?
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2004, 11:21:49 AM »
try fresh pro, make sure you have SP1 also, I needed it to do 24/96 using goldwave
It is company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo - We have to use the indefinite article; "A" dildo, never: "YOUR" dildo.
In Tyler we Trust

And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky is the limit!

My Current Rig:2004 Subaru WRX STI, Stage 3, 360hp, 380lb-ft

Offline caymanreview

• Trade Count: (22)
    • shows ive taped  that are in circulation
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2004, 06:30:52 PM »
thats what i did.... i used the duke& nuke or whatever it is called to completely wipe the HD. and then did a fresh install of xp with the actual install discs i had bought in the past

it had been registered & activated before, but it isnt actually on any other pc, and i sold the only pc it had ever been on... but they let me register & activate it :D

allready got SP1 ;)

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2004, 06:33:45 PM »
and watch out for SP2.....looks like, but they still have bugs to work out.
It is company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo - We have to use the indefinite article; "A" dildo, never: "YOUR" dildo.
In Tyler we Trust

And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky is the limit!

Offline caymanreview

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2004, 07:44:56 PM »
i saw that, the little message popped up about auto-updates telling me to set it sto auto update so i can get sp2

il probably wait for the bugs to get worked out on sp2... i only use the lappy for taping and a small amount of anything else untill i get wireless in the house inh the next month or so

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2004, 11:03:12 PM »
most of the SP2 stuff is security related. I do a real minimal install for my taping lappie, no networking, nothing. Though it has some nice features built in, its not really needed for taping...unless you use the lappie for other things also.
In Tyler we Trust

Offline caymanreview

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2004, 11:42:22 PM »
recently ive been using mine a bit at work, just for personal reasons... not for actual work

they have me blocked from downloading anything and actually using it or playing games and such on the pc... so i just bring the lappy

ive been doing all my editing on my lappy at work too... its nice to get paid to get my shows out!

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2004, 06:36:39 PM »
recently ive been using mine a bit at work, just for personal reasons... not for actual work

they have me blocked from downloading anything and actually using it or playing games and such on the pc... so i just bring the lappy

ive been doing all my editing on my lappy at work too... its nice to get paid to get my shows out!

nice work.....will have to try that some day ;D
In Tyler we Trust

silverbullet

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2004, 04:38:34 PM »
Here's another link to help optimize Win XP. Good check off list from MicSupply.com

I haven't gone through it yet but there looks to be some good stuff in there. No problems yet to report 24/96 or 16/44.1 recording on my home Win XP SP1 VAIO 1.5 centrino 512 RAM 80 gig HD, 2 partition lappie. Knock on wood.  8)

Offline caymanreview

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2004, 09:40:38 PM »
i had some random pops/clicks with xp home optimized for taping. but a fresh install of XP Pro W/OUT  2 partitions liek my xp home install had, and it is rock solid at 24/96 after 5-6 hours of testing so far. i plan on doing another 4-6 hours of testing tonight again

il def check out that link and see if there is anythign different or that isnt in the other xp customization

im using a pentium3- 850mhz 256ram and 20gig HD

ram and hard drive upgrades are in the very near future for me, definantly the ram.....

silverbullet

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2004, 05:42:35 AM »
I really want to format and just have one partition but I have a really important 2.5 hr recording to do this Friday. I'll do a backup DAT and JB3 recording. If there are no clicks in the 24/96 lappie recording then I'll just stick with my two partition HD. Maybe the extra RAM was all that was needed.

I went through that Win XP optimization list. Took a few minutes but well worth the time spent. I think I was able do all but two of the things on that check list.

Next show is oustide at the oceanfront. It better not rain. No rain. No rain.

Offline caymanreview

« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2004, 05:45:01 AM »
yeahm same here with being able to do all but 1 or 2. i think all but 2

i tryed it with xp home first,a nd figured those 2 only worked in xp pro, but when i did it with Pro it didnt work either, it just didnt have that option to do what it said

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2004, 09:06:06 PM »
i had some random pops/clicks with xp home optimized for taping. but a fresh install of XP Pro W/OUT  2 partitions liek my xp home install had, and it is rock solid at 24/96 after 5-6 hours of testing so far. i plan on doing another 4-6 hours of testing tonight again

il def check out that link and see if there is anythign different or that isnt in the other xp customization

im using a pentium3- 850mhz 256ram and 20gig HD

ram and hard drive upgrades are in the very near future for me, definantly the ram.....
good to hear, have yet to have an issue with xp pro and recordings, rock solid, no crashy, crashy...will check out that link also
In Tyler we Trust

Offline caymanreview

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2004, 09:59:12 PM »
that link is the same as musicxp.net also, same info it even says it is the same

xp pro is rock solid it seems for me. more testing tonight and then i wont ahve any more tiem to test untill umphreys friday

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2004, 10:28:31 PM »
good luck on friday....not having to transfer the DAT is such a pleasure.
In Tyler we Trust

Offline caymanreview

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2004, 11:00:46 PM »
it IS! i havent had a deck for quite some time. usually get the shows tracked/flac'd in the hotel after shows and can just burn when i get home...

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.104 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com