Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: vxpocke help  (Read 5955 times)

Offline Dr.FOB

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • USM69i
Re: vxpocke help
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2004, 08:48:39 PM »
I got my new VX Pocket 440, new in the box as well.
Man, what a dongle that thing has.  Too bad they didn't provision for 2xSPDIF as well as 2xStereo Analog inputs.  The Web site indicates that a new driver release may allow for simultaneous use of the SPDIF and the second Analog inputs.  Great for feeding from the V3 and the SBD and the same time...
I pulled the updated WAV drivers for WinDoze from the Digigram site.  I'll work on getting the ALSA drivers installed after Coventry.

Vaio PCG-1C1N (U3) with VX Pocket 440 on HP laptop.
Neumann gear slut

Offline caymanreview

• Trade Count: (22)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • shows ive taped  that are in circulation
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2004, 11:06:49 PM »
when i had one, it had a mod'd dongle that just had digi in/out

you might pm ianstone about one, but it took like 2-3 months for whoever built them to get the parts and make them

Dr.Fob, that lappy is sweet!

Offline bl6216@yahoo.com

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Photographer:Jim Marshall - Jerry @ Woodstock
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2004, 03:02:37 AM »
I just got one on ebay last night i want to know howit works with a powerbook G4. i see that you all are runing a sony laptop. Will be as good for the mac as the pc.
MBHO KA200 N / KA500 HN > Hi Ho Custom Silver Actives > MBHO 603 A > Van Den Hul The Second >  SD722

coming soon Hi Ho Custom Silver Actives

Show I taped on archive.org http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/deadhead6216

"We're the first generation that's really capable of saving this music forever. Now is the time because we finally have the digital technology that allows us to preserve it indefinitely. It's also the critical time to do this because the older recordings are really deteriorating. It's an opportunity and it's also a serious responsibility, future generations will hold us responsible for what we do or do not do as far as preserving th

Offline kindms

• Trade Count: (6)
    • The Breakfast
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2004, 07:04:54 PM »
That U3 is sure sweet. I had been looking at them fo r a while. I just don't have the disposable income I need to feed my gear slutiness :)

I keep buying syuff and having to hide it from the other half or say I "borrowed" it. LOL
AKG c426, AKG414 XLS/ST, AKG ck61, ck22, >nBob colettes >PFA > V3, SD MixPre >  TCM-Mod Tascam HDP2, Sony M10
Little Bear tube Pre >Outlaw Audio 2200 Monoblocks > VR-2's

Offline caymanreview

• Trade Count: (22)
    • shows ive taped  that are in circulation
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2004, 07:32:48 PM »
i dont think i could deal with the U3's size... i couldnt stand the picturebook, and went with the size just above it...

Offline Tyler McGhee

• has developed quite a tolerance...
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • head on down to south park and meet some friends..
    • Piqtu Multimedia
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2004, 12:06:54 PM »
I got my new VX Pocket 440, new in the box as well.
Man, what a dongle that thing has.  Too bad they didn't provision for 2xSPDIF as well as 2xStereo Analog inputs.  The Web site indicates that a new driver release may allow for simultaneous use of the SPDIF and the second Analog inputs.  Great for feeding from the V3 and the SBD and the same time...

so as of now, if you wanna run 4 channels you have to run all 4 analog in?  do you have a link to that
page with the driver info?  I run an AD-20 from my mics and go spdif from my pre into the vxpocket.
i was just looking at those 440's on ebay ($115!!!) and would love to be able to do a matrix
at any club i'm at.  is it not possible not to run spdif on the first two channels and analog in
to the other two?

thanks!
ADK A-51 TL's /DPA 4061 / AKG e451b > Lunatec V3 optical/spdif out > JB3 (16/48) / VxPocket 440 > Dell Inspiron 8500 (24/48)> WaveLab 5.0

http://www.piqtu.com

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.05 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com