Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: 722/744 Waiting List  (Read 2513 times)

Offline justdmbobbo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • You Rock!
722/744 Waiting List
« on: April 28, 2005, 05:01:50 PM »
Anyone know what's going on with the production of these things? 
Everyone started getting theirs in the first batch so I threw my hat in the ring to get one in the second batch.

I orderd through Sonic Sense about the end of Feb and they told me to expect one early to mid-April........now at the end of April I still don't have one.
Sonic told me that they still haven't gotten any communication from SD as to when the next shippment will even come and have told me they can't give any estimate on when I'll ever get more in.

Anyone else have any information?

Offline Rick

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • My Recordings
Re: 722/744 Waiting List
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2005, 05:08:54 PM »
Last I heard, one of the parts SD needs was on backorder. Frank and cascade media was hoping for a late april shipment, but that dosn't look good.
Retired Taper

Offline justdmbobbo

• Taperssection Newbie
  • You Rock!
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2005, 06:01:06 PM »
That's what I was afraid of. 

Thanks

Offline justdmbobbo

• Taperssection Newbie
  • You Rock!
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2005, 03:09:46 PM »
Update - Called Gotham Audio in NYC and they are getitng a shipment in on Monday 5/4.   So I was going to back out of Sonic and tell them I was going to go with Gotham.  I called and they were like, "OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH we were just about to call you today, we're getting a shipment on Monday too!"

Hummmmm....
Not sure why they told me it could be a few weeks and they weren't getting any info from Sound Devices then all the sudden I call to pull my money and they tell me they've got one to ship to me next week.   

Weird.

But I'm happy.
Now someone go over to the Yard Sale and buy my gear so I can pay my rent!

Offline Brian

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2005, 04:42:24 PM »
Update - Called Gotham Audio in NYC and they are getitng a shipment in on Monday 5/4. So I was going to back out of Sonic and tell them I was going to go with Gotham. I called and they were like, "OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH we were just about to call you today, we're getting a shipment on Monday too!"

Hummmmm....
Not sure why they told me it could be a few weeks and they weren't getting any info from Sound Devices then all the sudden I call to pull my money and they tell me they've got one to ship to me next week.

Weird.

:-X

Offline Lil Kim Jong-Il

• Trade Count: (6)
  • large Marge sent me
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2005, 04:52:14 PM »
I'll bet that they just bumped you up the list ahead of someone who was making less noise so that they wouldn't lose a sale.  It may seem a little wierd, but I think that it's not uncommon when supplies are limited.  I don't think you should have any hard feelings. 

fwiw, I bought my 722 through micsupply.  I was very happy with the customer service and have never got any wierdness when dealing with Dave.
The first rule of amateur neurosurgery club is .... I forget.

Offline JasonR

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Schoepsoholic
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2005, 05:35:00 PM »
I got a call from Gotham a few hours ago - looks like my 722 is coming in on Monday!   ;D ;D

- Jason
Schoeps MK21,MK4,MK41,MK41V,MK8 > CMC5/Naiant Tinybox/PFAs > Sound Devices 744T, Sony PCM-M10
DPA 4060 (CS HEB) > SD 744T, M10

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.045 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com