Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Lunatec V3 jumpers for output level?  (Read 1736 times)

cleantone

• Trade Count: (0)
Lunatec V3 jumpers for output level?
« on: June 04, 2005, 12:45:03 PM »
Hey hey! I rarely use the analog outputs on my V3, always SP/DIF or AES/EBU. There have been times where I'll feed someone elses recording rig with the analog outputs. Sometimes when doing this when I'm showing an okay level on the V3 meters the level on the other recording device is clipping. I always put off looking into jumper settings because it is rare that I use those outputs. But I do find them to be hotter that they should be (or at least what I think they should be). So today I thought I would take care of that cause I was calibrating some of my other preamps and it came to mind. I haven't a clue of where my manual is but found the PDF online. I just read the jumper section a few times and it doesn't seem to have any options for output level. I figured you could swap between +4 and -10 and that I'd drop to -10 to solve the problem. Am I crazy or what? Is there really no jumper options for output levels? If not any idea why I am sending a hotter signal out the analogs than I think I should be?

I noticed that the level is supposed to be different between balenced and unbalenced connections. I guess I would have been coming out balenced XLR to unbalenced RCA to go into a Tascam DA-88's analog inputs. I can't really remember what was done in the few times this was done and became an issue. Anyone have any ideas?

Offline nic

• Big In Japan
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • half dead batteries
Re: Lunatec V3 jumpers for output level?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2005, 01:07:54 PM »
no jumpers to adjust the analog output, but, using a balanced>unbalanced cable will reduce the signal by -6

this chart is in the V3 manual...(balanced and unbalanced are the analog outputs)
LED      dBFS    BALANCED    UNBALANCED
------------------------------------------------
red         0        +25             +19
amber   -3        +22             +16
amber   -6        +19             +13
amber   -9        +16             +10
green   -12        +13             +7
green   -15        +10             +4
green   -21        +4               -2
green   -27        -2                -8
« Last Edit: June 04, 2005, 01:09:42 PM by nic »

the water's clean and innocent

formerly cleantone

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Lunatec V3 jumpers for output level?
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2005, 01:47:41 PM »
That is what I gathered looking at the PDF manual. I wonder why then it would be too hot of a signal when using bal to unbal. Weird maybe it was on his end on not mine. I'll have to play with it today to figure that out.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com