Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Archos GMINI 120 Problem / Error  (Read 2372 times)

Offline skua

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • I only see in infrared.
Archos GMINI 120 Problem / Error
« on: January 11, 2006, 04:00:02 PM »
Wondering if anyone has experienced this problem and/or found a solution?

My Archos GMINI 120 is reporting that the hard drive is full... even when it is empty.  So every time I start to record the unit runs maybe 10 seconds and shuts off reporting a full hard disk. The hard disk was emptied while connected to a WinXP Pro machine via the USB cable.  I defragged the drive and ran Scandisk on it as well.  Windows sees the unit and reports approximately 19GB of free drive space... but the OS on the Archos reports 6MB of free space and about 19GB full.  I've even tried reloading the latest OS/firmware with no luck.

I've got an email in to Archos Tech Support but have not heard back as of yet.  If I do get a solution back from them I'll post it here.  Meanwhile I was hoping someone here might have the fix.  I missed taping ANTHRAX last night because of this stupid error!  :'(

skua
\m/_skua_\m/

Offline kfrinkle

• Needs to get out more...
    • Karl Frinkle Dot Net
Re: Archos GMINI 120 Problem / Error
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 05:06:05 PM »
Skua,

Something you might want to check, I know I dont own one, but I had a similar problem with a CF card.  WHen I deleted shit off of it through windows, it put it in a 'hidden' recyle folder on the card... maybe something similar is happening to you there? Long shot, but it triggered that neuron about my problems...
-Karl
MBHO KA200n's > Naiant Tinybox (v2.1) > Sony PCM-M10
http://tooldriveproject.net

Offline cybermansrev

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006, 05:31:55 PM »
Skua,

Something you might want to check, I know I dont own one, but I had a similar problem with a CF card.  WHen I deleted shit off of it through windows, it put it in a 'hidden' recyle folder on the card... maybe something similar is happening to you there? Long shot, but it triggered that neuron about my problems...

This sounds like good advice I use an Archos AV4100, I haven't had this problem myself but your problem and the answer above strike a cord with something I read on the Archos forum.
Try searching the postings at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/archosmultimedia/ or try a post there normally pretty good for all Archos gear.

Offline skua

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2006, 01:28:51 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions! 
\m/_skua_\m/

Offline skua

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2006, 03:14:25 PM »
Thanks for pointing me to the archosmultimedia group... there they suggested re-formatting the drive.

So I copied all files and folders off to the PC for safe keeping... and made sure I formatted the drive as FAT32... copied the files and folders back to the Archos... and upon restart the Archos then reports drive space correctly... and I can record once more!  ;D  I made sure I had the latest firmware available and any plugins... but I didn't seem to need to reload them.

Thanks again!

skua
\m/_skua_\m/

Offline cybermansrev

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2006, 06:56:14 AM »
Just out of curiousity did you try kfringles suggestion before reformatting? Trying it I discovered a hidden recycle folder with 10GB on my AV4100, that I couldn't see on the Archos and was only aware of by viewing hidden files in windows. I must in future remember to only COPY files from the archos and not CUT and to use the archos to delete files.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com