Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Schoeps CMC6 xt  (Read 2275 times)

Online WiFiJeff

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I tape therefore I am.
Schoeps CMC6 xt
« on: February 22, 2006, 04:31:38 PM »
Has anyone compared the extended frequency response CMC bodies to the regular ones?  I am particularly interested in the sound with omni caps.

Jeff

Online WiFiJeff

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I tape therefore I am.
Re: Schoeps CMC6 xt
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 09:09:01 PM »
Has anyone compared the extended frequency response CMC bodies to the regular ones?  I am particularly interested in the sound with omni caps.

Jeff

I'm bumping this up and adding some further questions.  Nobody I've talked to, including the dealers, seem to have much experience with the CMC6 xt or with the Sanken CO100K (the omnis with response up to 100 kH).  But everyone wants to use the Micrrotrack, Fostex F2, Marantz 671, SD 722, etc. at 24/96.  So what are you feeding the pres and A/Ds with; surely you'd want a mic with some response up there, right?  What am I missing here, why are these mics being greeted with a yawn while the recorders are expected to have all the bells and whistles up to 96 kH or even 192 kH?

Jeff (waiting on a pair of CO100Ks, after a kick-ass brass section recording last week on an SD722 with DPA 4052s, do I win the gear slut of the week title or what?)

RebelRebel

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2006, 09:34:10 PM »
ive heard them briefly. Not good to me.....really bright. not pleasing at all. That 6db peak is not subtle. I know the freq. response doesnt tell the whole story, but that thing is quite abrupt. You cant hear up there anyway... ....OUt of band ultrasonic peaks are not desirable with sample rates where the Nyquist frequency will actually keep the peak intact.. once you bounce to Redbook for CD then the brickwall filter takes out everything you paid an additional $300 to get a pair of XTs...

I mean they are still outstanding, but not worth the extra dough, imho...Decca and EMI, Deutsche Grammophone, etc did fine before all that really high res stuff....After reading Mr. Dan Lavrys thoughts on things, I dont really know the point of all that high frequency energy...

why did you buy the CO1000k??Did you hear them??Im interested to hear how they sound..I am looking at some sennheiser MKH800s myself.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 10:01:20 PM by Teddy »

Offline muj

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Certifiable Nevaton Fluffer
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2006, 08:56:21 AM »

Jeff (waiting on a pair of CO100Ks, after a kick-ass brass section recording last week on an SD722 with DPA 4052s, do I win the gear slut of the week title or what?)

i wanna be your friend. ::)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com