Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Pops/Clicks DVD authored with Audio DVD Creator  (Read 1187 times)

Offline JasonR

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Schoepsoholic
Pops/Clicks DVD authored with Audio DVD Creator
« on: March 10, 2006, 12:51:20 PM »
Hey guys...

I've only played around with Audio DVD Creator a few times in the past, and finally got around to burning some full concerts.  I'm using 24/96 wave files but the resulting DVD has some occasional pops and clicks.  They're usually very quiet, but they're there, and certainly not present on the original wave files.  I'm authoring to an HD directory and burning with Nero, and I've verified that the burned DVD is identical to the directory, so I've gotta blame Audio DVD Creator, not Nero.

Anyone had problems with this software?  Ultimately I want to burn DVD-A discs, but I don't own a player that supports the format yet.  But given the investment in recording hardware, it might be time to add at least one piece of hardware to the playback rig.  Is DVD-A a more stable burning format?

I doubt the PC itself is at fault.  It's a 3.2gHz, dual core P4, 2GB ram, RAID-5 array.  Between fast CPU, lots of memory and fast disk access, I think I can do the basics.  ;)  The last attempt I made I let Audio DVD Creator run alone with zero multitasking, but it resulted in the same problem.

Thoughts?

Thanks!!

- Jason
Schoeps MK21,MK4,MK41,MK41V,MK8 > CMC5/Naiant Tinybox/PFAs > Sound Devices 744T, Sony PCM-M10
DPA 4060 (CS HEB) > SD 744T, M10

Offline eric.B

• to the side qualified
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Pops/Clicks DVD authored with Audio DVD Creator
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2006, 03:32:21 PM »
dunno what the problem is..  hm..  how are ya playing the dvd-v disk?
We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes nonwork.  ~Milton Friedman

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.076 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com