Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Newbe Alert: dumb questions ahead RE: M Audio Micro Tracker 24/96  (Read 1733 times)

Offline schoff

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Having looked at the getting started section I realise you have your five basic components:

1 Mic
2 Mic Power
3 Gain
4 Analogue to Digital Converter
5 Storage.

So far so good... As my storage device (5) I have decided on the M Audio Micro Tracker 24/96. Am I right in thinking as well as taking care of storage it has also taken care of  the Gain (3) and Analogue to Digital Conversion (4)?

Are steps 2,3,4 handled separately through a preamp for better quality?

Finally, PreAmp suggestions. It must be stealth (stealthier the better), have phantom power for the mics (not too sure if a preamp would have any type ofbase roll off switch), clipping alerts/ LED`s (as I don`t want to be fishing it out of pockets during gigs)  and I`m willing to spend £250-300 ($435-$500)

Thanks in advance

Schoff

Offline Howell

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: Newbe Alert: dumb questions ahead RE: M Audio Micro Tracker 24/96
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 12:50:57 PM »
I ran my mics straight into the MT for 2 shows this weekend(and 1 show with a behringer mixer in between).  I was running SP c4's which require 48v phantom power and I think the MT only puts out 30v.  While the MT might not have a stellar preamp I think it did the job well this weekend.  Obviously if you can provide some other source of phantom power your MT is going to survive longer on it's battery.  I ran the MT with phantom power on for a little over 2 hours and then got about 2 hours of playback on it on the way home.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.05 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com