Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Clamp / mount solution for an open noob?  (Read 4726 times)

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Clamp / mount solution for an open noob?
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2006, 04:26:20 PM »
How secure is the Posi-Lok?  Wondering if, for example, it would hold a 26" - 72" extension with either actives or LDs on the end.  I'm guessing the LDs would be too heavy, but maybe not the actives?  Hmmmm...   :hmmm:
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2006, 04:33:46 PM »
its meshed "geared" teeth that interlock. You can do chinups off of it!

:lol:  Alright, I'll give it a go...see if it'll do the trick.  I definitely find myself in situations where it would come in handy.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline mmmatt

• taping > photography
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • ... A broken angel sings from a guitar
    • LightCraft Photography
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2006, 04:44:19 PM »
its meshed "geared" teeth that interlock. You can do chinups off of it!

:lol:  Alright, I'll give it a go...see if it'll do the trick.  I definitely find myself in situations where it would come in handy.
I use mine a LOT and it is VERY sturdy.  LD's are no problem whatsoever.  I used it with a ~ 36" extention parallel to the floor, with another boom on the end that helt a vert bar, at8410's, and a pair of HO's PLUS a clamp with a sabla som bar, sp shocks and a pair of 184's when I did that mic comp from the post at the house cafe in Decalb. no problems what so ever...
     I'm surprised I have never busted that out while taping with you Brian... I use it a lot.  With your extention/clamp/mk4 setup you ran at Drew when we were at martyrs this would have held it no problem.  Ld's that far out would most likely bend the extention but the posi-lock would be stable I'm sure.

Matt
I do think taping is the reality of the business..it is also an impetus for artists to create studio CDs that are ART, not just another recording...    Fareed Haque  2-4-2005

Canon 24-70 f2.8L, Canon 135 f2L, Canon 70-200 f4L, Canon 50 f1.8, > Canon 5D or Canon xt (digi) and Canon 1N (film)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.091 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com