Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: firewire transfer with hd-p2  (Read 2048 times)

Offline panther65

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
firewire transfer with hd-p2
« on: October 09, 2006, 11:49:01 AM »
I just recorded my first show last night -Al DiMeola, to a Tascam HD-P2 with a transcend 8 gb card, and tried to transfer the files via firewire to my laptop, but saw no sign of the files. I did read in the manual that in order to power the deck both must be six pin connectors. Does that apply to file transfers also? My laptop has a mini firewire input and the hd-p2 has six pin firewire output. Thanks in advance.
Schoeps MK4>KCY250/5I>Schoeps VMS 5 U>Tascam HD-P2

Offline JasonSobel

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • My show list
Re: firewire transfer with hd-p2
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 12:07:45 PM »
you should be able to transfer the files with just a 4-pin firewire interface, but you won't be able to power the HD-P2 via the firewire connector.  so just have batteries in the deck or plug it into the wall, and you'll be good to go.

Offline panther65

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 12:19:38 PM »
Thank you.

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2006, 12:43:51 PM »
Seriously, even if you could power via firewire for the transfer, I'd avoid risking it with a unit that draws as much power as the p2 (microtrack is low enough power that I wouldn't worry so much). Powering the p2 via internal p2 batteries during is probably lower risk (lowest?).. A/C power is probably best, though maybe not..  I could imagine cases where dirty a/c might corrupt a transfer.  FWIW, I've never used the p2, just speculating based on experiences with other devices..

How was the show?  I've never seen Al.  He's coming our way but a little pricey at $30.

Normally he's not open taping.  Did you crotch that big boy? ;)

Offline panther65

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2006, 11:39:02 AM »
The show was amazing. He and his band were so tight and played such complex pieces with changes throughout. It was $35. at the Linda Norris Aud in Albany, N.Y. - a little pricey for sure, but the place was really small. I hadn't heard much from Al in the past ten or so years and was impressed.
Actually, I had a straw baseball cap with mk4s tied in there, and just carried a man-purse (leather handbag from Macy's) right through the door. No problem. Went to the restroom and plugged in the KCY cable and strolled to my seat.
Made a good recording. If you would like I can make you a copy.

Offline macdaddy

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2006, 10:30:28 PM »
undercover p2

+t for that!

hey panther - how come you dont post in the team p2 thread, like the rest of us..? i aint b*tchin', but it would sure make it easier to read all yer psts, and respond to them, too...

-macdaddy ++

akg c422 > s42 > lunatec v2 > ad2k+ > roland r-44

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com