Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: recording in hi-sp on minidisc  (Read 8645 times)

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: recording in hi-sp on minidisc
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2007, 02:55:49 AM »
I already have a small set up,a sony mz-nh700 and a sony ecm-719 mic.I was always recording in lp2 mode,and have recently found out that its not worth rec in that mode.So i was looking for some conformation,and general help as to what hi-sp could offer.

I should not have said that you should only record in Wav format...Personally I would only ever record in wav format I am sure because of the mics your running it would not make much difference.. I know the Sony compression has come along way. I still prefer wav but of course that is just my opinion.. I think its always best to experiment with your stereo at home record a track with HISP then one with Wav and see if you can hear the difference.. MD is a good format I liked my Himd If it was not for the really poor display screen it had I would have kept it.. The battery issue aside..

for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline Arni99

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: recording in hi-sp on minidisc
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2007, 04:10:53 PM »
I use both my iriver H140 rockboxed (last new one on ebay purchased last year ;) ) and my Sony MZ-RH1.
Today I started a HI-SP recording when I left for work and after 7h56min at the office it saved the TOC and still 1/4 of the battery was ok. Charging the LIP-4 "gumstick" takes 60minutes.
I like the RH1 for it´s mic-input...great for taping lectures or comedians.
I also did some HI-SP concert-recordings which would have sounded great IF I had the right mics(cardioids) back then.....instead of omnis....too much bass ;).
Now I use MM-HLSC-2 Sennheiser cardioids or my SP-CMC-8 cards together with my 9V-bbox or my MM-preamp, depending on what I´m going to tape.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 04:17:31 PM by Arni99 »
1st: SONY PCM-M10 + DPA 4060's + DPA MPS 6030 power supply (microdot)
2nd: iPhone 5 + "Rode iXY" microphone/"Zoom IQ5" microphone

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com