Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Samplitude V8 Pro tracking ?  (Read 1838 times)

Offline momule

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
Samplitude V8 Pro tracking ?
« on: May 18, 2007, 11:00:29 AM »
Does anyone else use this?  I know a couple of ya Said You liked the SE version but Im not sure how they differ. 

I am using it to get around the 2gb file limit due to my 4 track 24/96 recordings being so large and I dont really wanna have to load it and track it in Wavelab. 

TIA
Nick
AKG 463's (uno ck62) > Mackie Onyx Satellite > Microtrack II

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
Re: Samplitude V8 Pro tracking ?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 11:56:45 AM »
Not sure if it's the same, but in SE I set track markers as follows:

• For tracking in which each song flows directly into the next (like a live, continuous) performance, I use CTRL-I, or main menu CD/DVD | Set Track, bounce (Tools | Track Bouncing) the whole thing, and finally export the tracks (File | Export Audio | WAV) using the Each CD-Track in a file (from track to track marker in a file) option.
  • For tracking in which I need to remove portions of the recording, I do the same, but use a Pause marker at the end of each track (after which there's a period of recording I don't want to include before starting the next track) and export using Each CD-Track in a file (from track to pause marker in a file).

If no one here's able to help, check out the Samplitude forums, I bet you'll find an answer there in the archives.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline momule

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 12:44:39 PM »
Thanks Brian for the quick reply.  I'll give that a shot later this evening. 

Thanks also for the link. 

+
Nick
AKG 463's (uno ck62) > Mackie Onyx Satellite > Microtrack II

Offline live2496

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Gidluck Mastering
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2007, 11:34:11 AM »
Hi Nick,
If you are recording 4 tracks into Samplitude at 24/96, you will want to setup the recording in a virtual project.

If you want to write out certain audio segments, first, you click on the lower 1/2 of the object to select the object. The you mark the range you want to export with the mouse. Select the range by clicking the mouse on the upper 1/2 of the object and dragging it.

If you want to ensure that you are grabbing on object boundaries, set "snap to grid" on. (this is the little magnet icon. Snap is also a handy tool for aligning objects to a cursor position.

Once the range is selected, go to File->Export Audio->Wav and it will give you a save dialog.
Select the name of the track, and be sure to check the radio button here which says "export marked range". There is also a button there to specify the file format, mono, stereo, bit-depth, etc. but in this case you will likely want to maintain the same format. The default will be to the option "Create one file".

This is how you would create one file from a selected range. To ensure that all files are time-aligned, put the cursor at the start of the object. Then select the ranges of objects on other tracks by dragging from the right top of the object and dragging it left until it snaps to the cursor position. (I hope the way I am describing this is making sense.) The starting point of each exported file will then be sample aligned, because each marked range has been snapped to the cursor position.

This works for any number of tracks.

Another way to do it is with the "Convert Audio" -> "Save in Format" dialog. I'm sure that there are one or two other ways also. Samplitude has lots of options.

AEA R88MKII > SPL Crimson 3 > Tascam DA-3000

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com