Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Need basic DVD editing help...  (Read 1969 times)

Offline palmettobum

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • "dirty pull"
Need basic DVD editing help...
« on: November 05, 2007, 12:40:23 PM »
Greetings, I hesitate to make such a blatant 'help i'm a newb' type of post.   Basically I need help editing a DVD.  And athough I consider myself fairly proficient with audio editing, a few hours playing around with DVD, lets me know I have no idea what the hell I'm doing.

But anyways, I offered to help one of my supervisors cut the commercials out of a 60 min Iraq special on AndersonCooper360, which features his son, that he bought with the intention of giving it to his family, he just doesn't want the commercials in there.  So thats all I need to do.

I already have DVD decrypter and NERO, so there's a start.  But I have no idea which editor to use, if I need to change formats for any reason, or how to burn DVD's on NERO that will play in a dvd player.  So again, I apologize for such a newbie post, but I would really appreciate any help you could provide.  Thanks in advance.  andy
audio:  cemc6/ck4 > silver clad > ua5 (wmod) > jb3 > svu1
photo:  d200 > 28-70mm f2.8, 50mm 1.8

Offline stantheman1976

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Need basic DVD editing help...
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 01:48:58 PM »
Really not that hard.  I use Womble MPEG2VCR.  Use DVD Decrypter to get the DVD onto your HD.  In decrypter there's a file split option.  Make sure no split is chosen.  Then when you decrypt it to your PC you'll have a single VOB file.  Use MPEG2VCR to open it.  Cut out whatever you want and save it as MPEG-2 transport stream.  This will save it without re-encoding.  Then use any DVD authoring program to make a simple DVD.  TMPGEnc DVD Author is a good basic program that is newbie friendly.

If you don't want to go through the trouble I'll be happy to do it for no charge if you send me a copy.  PM if you want.

Offline Kevin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Company Website (Learn to play by ear or by I.)
Re: Need basic DVD editing help...
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 01:27:33 PM »
Do you own a mac?  if so you can use imovie to cut the commercials out.
481(3)>722

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.035 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com