Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: patching md to dat  (Read 2356 times)

Offline seekup40

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • I'm a llama!
patching md to dat
« on: November 18, 2003, 10:51:23 AM »
I'm using my dat for the first time tonight and i would like to compare the difference between md and dat, what would i need to patch the md into the dat at the show?

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re:patching md to dat
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2003, 11:33:48 AM »
I'm using my dat for the first time tonight and i would like to compare the difference between md and dat, what would i need to patch the md into the dat at the show?

What exactly are you trying to compare:

• compression v no compression
  • analog stage v analog stage
  • ADC v ADC
How you patch your gear together depends on which of the above you want to compare, and the functionality available on your MD.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline sexymexi

• Taperssection All-Star
    • show list
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2003, 12:29:11 PM »
depends on your deck, if you have a full size like mine, it has rca outs, so i used an rca>mini, or if your pre has an rca out then use it, if not, then your gonna have to go mini>mini out from your headphone jack, but i think that will burn up your batteries quicker. but will still work.  i did the same thing the first time i used my dat, and trust me you'll be amazed, i was. +T to ya. hope your first tape sounds as sick as mine.  

matt
AKG 391's > phantom boxes > JB3 or Casio DA-7
Panasonic WM1610 omni's > whatever

Playback: Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum > Onkyo TSDX595 > matched Oynix Rockets > Mirage FRX-S8 sub

Offline Scuba Jeremy

• Taperssection Member
  • "Ugh, is that digi noise?"
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2003, 08:30:08 AM »
I have an MD player in my car stereo, so at shows I'll run the coax out of my UA5 to my DAT, and the optical out to MD so that I can listen to my tape on the way home through the MD. First night I ran my DAT though I ran my old rig with my AT853s > batt box > Sharp SR60 and my new rig with the MC012s > PS2 > M1, and was blown away at the vast difference between them!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.062 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com