Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Quality Workhorse CD Duplicator Suggestions  (Read 2134 times)

Offline ilgross

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Quality Workhorse CD Duplicator Suggestions
« on: January 19, 2010, 11:34:34 PM »
I still burn CD's of shows for many friends.  Have been using an Alesis CD Twin for the past 3 years and it finally crapped out on me.  It worked OK, but seems like it should have lasted a lot longer, although it did get regular use.  So I am looking to replace it with a more durable device.  Any suggestions?  It can be 1 to 1 copying, or 1 to 2 copying, and be CD or CD/DVD copying.   Just looking for a quality device at a fair price.

Offline phil_er_up

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Quality Workhorse CD Duplicator Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 05:45:08 PM »
I have 2 mircoboards CD duplicators. I bought them new Online at 2 different times during the last few years and they have been with me ever since.  Think I might have the original boxes for both if I look for them. First Duplicator makes one single additional copy or has 2 CD bays. The second MB CD duplicator makes 3 CD at once and has 4 trays.

One is older then the other but I am willing to listen to reasonable offer is that would interest you.
Everyday is a gift. Enjoy each one!
Forward motion bring positive results.

Offline ilgross

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 02:58:38 PM »
Are you happy with the microboard duplicators?  Would you suggest them?  I am not really looking for used gear, just reccommendations of quality gear.  What is you opinion of the duplicators you mention?  Durable?  Easy to use?  Flimsy?  Any feedback welcome.

Offline phil_er_up

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 03:31:30 PM »
They are great machines. Only problem with the smaller one with 2 bays is that occasionally when I would run lots of burns the buffer would fill and it runs slower. I found if you turn it off between runs then there is no problem. Never had a problem with the larger one with 4 bays. Always worked, never had a problem and I would Q/C many of the MD5/FFp files from occasionally disc only used taiyo disc thou.

They are made really well, have come down in price and are very reliable machines. Would highly recommend them. They were the best one I could find back then at at professional copy level.

Everyday is a gift. Enjoy each one!
Forward motion bring positive results.

Offline John R

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • www.tapers.org
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 10:08:04 PM »
we all live downstream.

Offline notlance

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2010, 10:40:07 PM »
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002DUZP5U/ref=oss_product
I have not had this duplicator for very long so I can't talk to its long term durability, but its features are nice. You can dupe up to 100 discs without having to load and unload.  You can interlace master discs with blank discs and it will dupe the master until it comes to another master disc.  So if you have several different shows to copy you can set it up and let it do its thing.  I often burn Lightscribe discs which are nice but take a long time to burn each disc label (20+ minutes per disc).  Usually I set it up before I go to bed and in the morning they are done.  Of course you have to make sure it is set up right or you'll crank out a whole lotta coasters.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.069 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com