Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Brand new Tascam Dr-07 will not power-up? Suggestions?  (Read 13167 times)

Offline Peter R.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Brand new Tascam Dr-07 will not power-up? Suggestions?
« on: January 22, 2011, 02:38:20 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum and looking for some help.  Just got a brand spanking new Tascam Dr-07.  I read the entire manual for the machine and went to power it up and it won't turn on.  I used the set of batteries that it came with and another brand new set of Duracells and it still won't power-up.  I am wondering if I am doing something wrong or if it's a faulty machine.  Has anyone had similar problems?  I am going to either return it and get something new or send it away for repair if I can't figure it out.

Thanks in advance,

Peter R.

Offline markophonic

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Re: Brand new Tascam Dr-07 will not power-up? Suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 03:09:00 PM »
Are you being sure to hold the power switch down for a few seconds rather than just a quick push of the button?

Batteries are installed correctly?

I'm assuming you have probably done everything correctly...just double checking  ;)

Good luck.  I know its a bummer to get a new toy and it doesn't work properly!
Mics: CA-14, MM-MCMS-4
PRE: CA-9100
Recorders: Tascam DR-07, Sony MZ R30

Offline flipp

• resident curmudgeon
  • Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 03:43:02 PM »
brand new and won't turn on - use the warranty, that's what it's for or if you bought it at a local brick and morter, take it back and swap it out

Offline TimeBandit

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 06:08:31 AM »
maybe there is some protecting tape at the battery contacts inside (happens often on new products) and you have to remove it first.

you have to push that power on button for round 3 seconds.

check the HOLD switch for the key lock on the side of the case - if  it is turned to LOCK it won´t turn on also (tested on my DR-07) !
2015 rig: CA-11 -> CA-9100 -> PCM-M10
2016 rig: Sony PCM-M10 + SP-SPSB-4 microphone plug-in power supply +  SP-CMC8 with Low Sens mod
[backup: CA-9100 - Tascam DR-05 Firmware 2.0 + Yamaha Pocketrak W24]
video 2016: Casio EX-100 HS (same as Olympus Stylus1 - but much smaller - japan import not availiable in EU)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.062 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com