Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: lost signal ???  (Read 6669 times)

Offline capnhook

• All your llamas are belong to us....
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • All your llamas are belong to us....
Re: lost signal ???
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2013, 01:28:33 PM »
Throw the preamp in a watery ditch, and get yourself a Christmas present  ;)

That is ridiculous.  Oh wait - capnhook is it? Now I get it. Your ship be at anchor in the watery ditch, and yee be awaitin the discarded bounty!

Arrrgh matey, you're onto me flim-flam.......hard to get anything past all you smarties here on taperssection!
Proud member of the reality-based community

BSCS-L->JB-mod [NAK CM-300 (CP-3) and/or (CP-1)]->LSD2->CA CAFS-Omni->Sony ECM-907**Apogee MiniMe Rev. C->CA Ugly II->**Edirol OCM R-44->Tascam DR-22WL->Sony TCD-D8

"Don't ever take an all or nothing attitude when it comes to making a difference
and being beautiful and making the world a beautiful place through your actions.
Every little bit is registered.  Every little bit.  So be as beautiful as you can as often as you can"

"It'll never be over, 'till we learn."

"My dream is to get a bus and get the band and just go coast to coast. Just about everything else except music, is anti-musical.  That's it.  Music's the thing." - Jeb Puryear

Offline willndmb

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: lost signal ???
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2013, 09:53:16 PM »
here it is zoomed into at 1 sec intervals on the timeline in audacity
when listening to it, it simply sounds like a total lose of volume, no noise of any kind

when I said 2 outs, yes 2 different outs
one was the RCA > M10 and one was 1/8 > camcorder

i am going to try and set up a him,e test again and see if i can get the signal to drop out by playing with the din3 power cable some more
thats the only thing i can think of, is that there is a small short in the cable that if is jusssssst right will drop the power.
I think this because I have only had the 2 issues out of dozens of recordings and both come back on within seconds of me noticing and opening up my bag to see whats happening

So - did the camcorder source lose audio also?
yes they both lost the signal at the same time
I have determined its to the mics, cables, recorders because they all cut out at the same time so that leaves an issue withe the preamp or power
I just can't replicate it so thats what makes me think its a "short" in the power chain that the cable has to be just right for it to cut out
I am going to run some more home tests and see if I can figure it out
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.07 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com