Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: homemade stands  (Read 3048 times)

Offline setboy

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
homemade stands
« on: January 29, 2005, 05:21:54 PM »
i am going to go a show next week but i have not come up with a stand yet
has any one made a stand that is easy to make and will not my me look like a dork in the TS?

raphael

Offline bagtagsell

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Man is condemned to be free- Sartre
Re: homemade stands
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2005, 05:31:02 PM »
try clampin if your in the section
MG200/210>m148>v3>MT2496

*aspiring gear slut of the month year*
"I am the gear slut goo goo g’joob g’goo goo g’joob"

Offline setboy

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2005, 05:40:46 PM »
try clampin if your in the section

oh yeah i for got to say that i dont have a clamp yet (im really slow with buying stuff i like to know that what i want/need is what im geting befor i buy)

but does any one know where i can pick up a good clamp i am running at933

Thanks and +T

Raphael

Offline admkrk

• Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm an idiot
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2005, 05:57:08 PM »
has any one made a stand that is easy to make and will not my me look like a dork in the TS?

raphael

are you more worried about what you look like, or getting the tape? 

i'd rather use duct tape & a set of crutches and get the tape, then have nothing because i was woried about how i looked.  but that's just me. if you'r in the section, then you should atleast be able to get a patch, wich would be better than my example.

screw the mirror dude
"the faster you go ahead, the behinder you get"

"If you can drink ram's piss, fuck, you can drink anything"

Offline setboy

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2005, 06:46:25 PM »

raphael

are you more worried about what you look like, or getting the tape? 

i'd rather use duct tape & a set of crutches and get the tape, then have nothing because i was woried about how i looked.  but that's just me. if you'r in the section, then you should atleast be able to get a patch, wich would be better than my example.

screw the mirror dude

if i cant come up with a stand im just going to run  them in my hat  :D i just didn't want to do that if i could come up with some thing esle

Thanks +T

Raphael

Offline setboy

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2005, 06:54:43 PM »

a lot of music stores will carry small clamps that fit onto mic stands and smaller laight stands. They are generally around $15, and sometimes less. They won't clamp to everything, but are still fairly functional, and easily found.

just one thing about these
one end clamps to the stand and the other clamps to the mics? t bar? or what? (man that sound dumb :D   

Also, keep an eye out at used gear sales and garage sales for useable bases. You can always create an extension set out of some all-thread bolt stock, and female connectors. So a used base, and some homemade extenders, and you've got a stand that can easily reach 7'->9'. I carry a vocal stand that I cut in half, and an assortment of the homemade extenders ( a 1', 2', and 3' all combined to be 6' of extension), combined with a base, and its stand, and I easily cover most situations.

lmk if this is confusing, and I'll try for more clarity

if you could i would love it

i think i know what your saying But........

Raphael
« Last Edit: January 29, 2005, 06:57:41 PM by setboy »

Offline drufus

• Taperssection Regular
  • dirty south
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2005, 06:59:27 PM »
for a few months i was sticking my gear on top of the soundboard's equipment at my local bars. i would use twist ties, empty cd spindles and good ol'fashioned duct tape to kinda have a useable setup. but the main point is it worked.

two words for you: improvise, adapt

my clamp costed $25 at a local christian music store... its a "c" clamp style fittng that screws tight to a round post and then offers me a 5/8'" male mic connector, like a mic stand. my cheesedick stand is only a peavey mic stand for drums, and it was only $50. my tapes wouldnt sound better if they were on top of a bogen manfetto, and sounding better is the only thing im shooting for in my purchases
Rode NT4>JB3

Offline setboy

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2005, 07:05:39 PM »
two words for you: improvise, adapt

yes i know i just wanted to check and see if any one had done some thing befor i go see what  i can do

Raphael

Offline setboy

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2005, 07:08:38 PM »

a lot of music stores will carry small clamps that fit onto mic stands and smaller laight stands. They are generally around $15, and sometimes less. They won't clamp to everything, but are still fairly functional, and easily found.

just one thing about these
one end clamps to the stand and the other clamps to the mics? t bar? or what? (man that sound dumb :D   

Also, keep an eye out at used gear sales and garage sales for useable bases. You can always create an extension set out of some all-thread bolt stock, and female connectors. So a used base, and some homemade extenders, and you've got a stand that can easily reach 7'->9'. I carry a vocal stand that I cut in half, and an assortment of the homemade extenders ( a 1', 2', and 3' all combined to be 6' of extension), combined with a base, and its stand, and I easily cover most situations.

lmk if this is confusing, and I'll try for more clarity

if you could i would love it

i think i know what your saying But........

Raphael

One end of the clamp clamps to the mic stand. Te other end of the clamp, the mic end, has a rotating 5/8-27 thread set, the same size that you'd find on any mic stand.
i'll try to find a picture, check back.

And I'll try for a better explanation of the extensions in a minute, after I find the picture, so check back.

This clamp is similar to the one that I mentioned.
It is shown in a vertical position, so imagine it rotated 90º to the horizontal.

take your time

Thanks

Raphael

Offline setboy

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2005, 07:49:43 PM »
thanks moke  :D

im going go see what i can do

Raphael

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.078 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com