Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: JB3 power  (Read 2805 times)

Offline Gary Hull

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • All who Yonder are not Lost!!!
    • CDR List
JB3 power
« on: July 26, 2003, 11:06:49 AM »
I just broke down and ordered a JB3, and I can't wait for it to come in.  I have been reading the posts about the JB3 and I see that the battery life is an issue.  I was wondering how do you charge the Li-Ion batteries that are made for the recorder?  Also, what is the DC voltage, and has anyone tried to make a battery pack for this unit?

Gary

Offline Swampy

• Needs to get out more...
  • You Worthless Swampy Fool
Re:JB3 power
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2003, 11:32:46 AM »
I cant be sure, but I think that you can run 2 batteries and get longer run times. There are some JB3 users on here so they'll be able to help you better.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2003, 11:33:21 AM by AlexHerd »

Offline quantegy

• Taperssection Regular
  • AKG 391's > UA-5 > JB3
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2003, 05:30:59 PM »
Get the second battery and you won't have issues with battery life. That simple. For festivals you might need an external battery pack but thats about it. I have a friend who built something using two 12V batteries and the car charger, seems to have more power than you would need for a full day of recording. Hasn't been used a whole lot but seems pretty cool.

DaryanLenz

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2003, 11:05:12 AM »
What exactly did he do to get the battery system up and running?  I think that one of the jb3's biggest drawbacks is it's pain in the ass powering requirements!  I really should sell mine or one of my dat's...geeesh, I am a gear whore and proud of it!

Daryan

Offline quantegy

• Taperssection Regular
  • AKG 391's > UA-5 > JB3
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2003, 08:40:57 PM »
I don't exactly how he wired up the batteries but I can find out. I do know that he went to RS and bought the female part to the car charger and wired it up to the batteries so you just plug it in like in you car. I can get more details and take pictures if someone wants me to.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 2.65 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com