Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Sony PCM 10 SD-Card Problems  (Read 1703 times)

Offline TVTaper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Sony PCM 10 SD-Card Problems
« on: June 03, 2023, 06:22:44 AM »
Hi, probably I'm not the first one with this problem: I've got a "new" Sony PCM 10. My old one had no problems to use a Sandisc 64GD Micro SD Card. And when I put this card in the new sony it works fine. But when I put a new SD-card inside there is the mesage "format errow" and I'm not able to format the new sd card.
any suggestions?

Offline tgos3

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Re: Sony PCM 10 SD-Card Problems
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2023, 10:06:39 AM »
the M10 uses FAT32 format.  is it possible your 'new card' somehow got formatted to exFAT before you inserted it into the M10?  I don't know if that would affect the ability to be reformatted or 'seen' by the M10 internal OS.

you could try doing a low level reformat (can be slow) using the SD Association free app, in your desktop computer.  I have never used it, but downloaded it 'just in case'.  Sound Devices recommends occasionally using it on an SD card being used in the MixPre series.

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter/

You haven't specified which version of the new mSD card you are using  UHS I vs II, what class, etc.  Even within the same card version, there are sometimes internal changes that cause problems (mentioned in some of the MixPre 'card failure' discussions on taperssection)

and then there is the fact that the M10 (like mine) is sometimes picky about how the card is physically inserted...I have had to reinsert a card several times in the past...but I suppose you have tried that already.

good luck.  I did a quick search online to see if particular new cards don't work on the M10 but didn't find anything specifically similar to your problem.
tg

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com