Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Dumb question, but let’s go about tallentcell  (Read 2316 times)

Offline mterry

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • recordings
"That's deplorable, unfathomable, improbable!"

"Then we played Davidson, and they wore us out. Davidson controlled us - other than Kentucky - as well as any team all year long"
- Bill Self on PTI (2/28/11)

DPA 2012 > Lunatec V2 > Apogee Mini-Me > Tascam DR-100mkIII

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • We create auditory illusions, not reproductions
Re: Dumb question, but let’s go about tallentcell
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2024, 08:07:53 PM »
Should be able to voltage-wise, but check the needed amperage draw for the two preamps and compare that to what is available from each of the two ports of the Talentcell (the ports have not only different suplly voltages but different current limits).  I've a couple of that same model Tcell (or at least very similar) and have run two things simultaneously off one of them a number of times.. actually three if including charging phone from the USB port.

A number of years ago I ran a DR680 and a V3 off of a single one to record 8 channels of phantom mics.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline grawk

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2024, 09:19:04 PM »
that sounds like a better use for a vlock battery or a smart battery, if you want to be sure it will be reliable. 
4015gs/kk14/cm4/nohype srm1->mma:a d-vice/sonosax minir82/sonosax sx-m2d2/nagra vi/lectrosonics spdr/deity pr2/marantz pmd-430

Offline beatkilla

• Trade Count: (73)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2024, 05:35:00 PM by beatkilla »

Offline mterry

• Trade Count: (11)
    • recordings
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2024, 03:29:06 PM »
So it's close, depending.....but CAN be done.

Will probably grab another for backup at some point, but good to know for smaller (shorter) shows.
"That's deplorable, unfathomable, improbable!"

"Then we played Davidson, and they wore us out. Davidson controlled us - other than Kentucky - as well as any team all year long"
- Bill Self on PTI (2/28/11)

DPA 2012 > Lunatec V2 > Apogee Mini-Me > Tascam DR-100mkIII

Offline bluegrass_brad

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Old and in the way.
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2024, 04:41:01 PM »
I regularly run an F8 with phantom on multiple channels at 12v and a SD MP-2 preamp from the USB (5v) off of a single 6aH Talentcell. I tested it for a few hours that way and it was fine. I usually bring two Talentcells, but when I bring my small bag I only bring one.

Buy it and test it out before you run it in the wild, then you will know.
CK1x, CK2x, CK3x > Hub Industry Cables > Naiant PFA or MK46 > 460B
CK1, CK8, CK63 > 460b

"That was back in a time when society was not quite ready for this music. Anyone remember those days? That's when punk rock was dangerous, right?" - Mike Ness

Offline Twenty8

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Heading for a better thesis
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2024, 12:33:28 PM »
In the past, I have used both the 9v and 12v off a single Talentcell to power my MP6ii and an Oade mod Edirol UA-5 during the same recording.

I don't anymore, AND I have never had the following issue, but I have heard of ground hum being an issue when using the same battery for two devices.  Again, never had the issue.  To simply ease my mind, when I do decide to run the Edirol, I use a second, smaller Talentcell.  More weight to the bag, yes, but only about a 1/2 lb of piece of mind for a problem I have never had.
Open/Closed ~ AT U853 (subc, h, c, o):
Decks ~ MixPre 6ii, A10, M10
Pres ~ 2x Oade mod UA-5 (W+, ACM+)
Also ~ Line Audio CM3/CM4/OM1 : AT3031 : AT831 : DR2D

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.033 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com