Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Fixing inconsistent audio levels in Audacity  (Read 1461 times)

Offline RahRah241

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Fixing inconsistent audio levels in Audacity
« on: June 02, 2024, 09:50:23 PM »
Hello, apologies in advance for the noob question, I am very new to all this. This is my second concert recording ever and my first attempt to fix things in post.

The problem I am trying to fix is that throughout my entire recording, the audio goes from clear to muffled and back again. My best guess is it's a side-effect of my set up at said show, I was using a shotgun mic attached to a regular mic stand without its base that I was holding in my hand so that the mic would be above the crowd. I noticed occasionally throughout the show that my mic would turn away from the stage periodically due to my holding of the stand in my hand or from moving along to the music. Is there any way to fix or at the least mitigate this issue in post? I would google it, but I am so new to this that I don't have the vocabulary to accurately describe what my problem is.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Here's the link to a snippet of my recording: https://drive.google.com/file/d/18HC58FXTIYfuIrQNFhqucvjefbzJOrcW/view?usp=sharing

My gear in case it helps: a Calrad 10-10 super-cardioid shotgun microphone plugged into a sony ICD-PX370 digital recorder

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.022 seconds with 25 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com