Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Need bigtime help!! please!! (recorder error)  (Read 1299 times)

Offline atxwolfattack

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
Need bigtime help!! please!! (recorder error)
« on: April 21, 2008, 02:31:00 AM »
So, i just got back from an awesome show (Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks), only to find my computer having difficulties transfering the recording to my computer. So i try to transfer it onto like 3 other machines, and have the same freeze about 5 seconds before it gets finished.

So i tried playing the file on VLC player plugged into my computer, but with the file still on my iRiver h120. it literally freezes during the last 15 seconds of the last song. At this point, i dont really care that i lost the last little bit, and the clapping, I just want the other hour and a half of music really bad! The most annoying part is, i can listen to the whole show besides that last minute or so.

I tried using disc warrior, but it won't work because the drive is formatted as fat 32 (i am on a mac). Does anyone else have any ideas? I guess i could take the output of the player and play it all the way through while recording to my computer, but i have a feeling that the iRiver output and my Macbook Pro's mic input is inferior to the usb transfer.

Does anyone know if there is a way to remove a little bit of a file or something, so i can just transfer this to my computer and forfet the last little bit? Or does anyone have any tricks to get my iRiver to put together those last little pieces?

thanks!

josh

Offline live2496

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Gidluck Mastering
Re: Need bigtime help!! please!! (recorder error)
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 11:47:12 AM »
If you have a friend with a PC and the device can be mounted and seen from windows (ie. drive letter), you could use my audiohack tool to read the file and create a new fixed file on another drive.

The program is here: http://live2496.com/audiohck.zip

and the instructions are here:
http://live2496.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=14

It will read as much of the file as it can. I think you should be able to use the output file it creates.
The good thing about this is that is doesn't affect the original file in any way.

Gordon

AEA R88MKII > SPL Crimson 3 > Tascam DA-3000

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.045 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com