Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Lost portable HD  (Read 1484 times)

Offline ts

• Trade Count: (81)
  • Needs to get out more...
Lost portable HD
« on: December 09, 2008, 10:58:01 AM »
Well I either lost or misplaced a 250gb portable HD. I have 6 of them and one has gone missing. Maybe I left it in a hotel room. Maybe it got thrown out. I don't know. It had some music on it, it was my newest one. Most of what I lost is family photos that are no longer on the camera card or on another HD. My question is does my laptop or PC or any computer that these were opened on have any imprint of them? They were never saved on any other machines HD. I tried Recuva on the C drives of my other machines that they were opened on with no luck.

thanks.

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
Re: Lost portable HD
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 11:08:49 AM »
does my laptop or PC or any computer that these were opened on have any imprint of them? They were never saved on any other machines HD.

AFAIK, not unless you explicitly set them up to mirror or sync content.  I think you're out of luck.

If you can spring the cash to do so, consider keeping important data in at least 3 places (one preferably off-site) across multiple media (HDD, optical,e tc.) to ensure it's safe from loss, HDD crash, optical media corruption, etc.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) > Roland R-05

Offline OFOTD

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 12:27:37 PM »
Try using widows search.   Use the search string   *.jpg  and see if some of your files were either saved or are possibly in a temp folder.

Offline ts

• Trade Count: (81)
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 12:50:28 PM »
does my laptop or PC or any computer that these were opened on have any imprint of them? They were never saved on any other machines HD.

AFAIK, not unless you explicitly set them up to mirror or sync content.  I think you're out of luck.

If you can spring the cash to do so, consider keeping important data in at least 3 places (one preferably off-site) across multiple media (HDD, optical,e tc.) to ensure it's safe from loss, HDD crash, optical media corruption, etc.

i usually do multiple backups, but this was pretty new stuff and did'nt get to backing it up.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.038 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com